Recommend me a school bag/book bag?

Gremlin

Oct 25, 2012
Needs to be big enough to fit a Macbook Air 13" and two average sized textbooks plus a wallet, phone, keys, etc.

My budget is up to $350, could push a little bit further if I really loved the bag. Prefer tote style or similar.

Please provide a link if you can.

Thank you!

Also a question for those of you who are in school/college - what kind of bag do you use and do you like it? I'm thinking I should probably just get a backpack instead :sad:

Needs to be big enough to fit a Macbook Air 13" and two average sized textbooks plus a wallet, phone, keys, etc.

Also a question for those of you who are in school/college - what kind of bag do you use and do you like it? I'm thinking I should probably just get a backpack instead :sad:

They're not everyone's cup of tea, but I use a Kanken's 15" laptop backpack for classes and traveling. They're lightweight, durable, and waterproof.

http://www.fjallraven.us/pages/kanken
^Here's a link that has all the versions they offer.

http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashion.../a_backpack_visual_guide_28_possibilities_to/

^Oh, I also wanted to share this link. It has a collage of several backpacks, with links to them in the top comment below. The backpacks are all quite 'urban' though, so they may not be your taste.

Sorry for not being able to recommend any tote bag styles for you. When I was in college, I looked into backpacks over tote bags because I knew there was no way I would be able to carry all my school needs in a purse comfortably. I was a science major though, and had a lot of heavy stuff! I saw a lot of girls on my campus carrying the Longchamp Le Pliage and the LV Neverfull, so those two may be able to kickstart your search for a school bag. :yes:

www.etsy.com is def worth checking out, the sky's the limit when it comes to options and imagination.

For a tote, Longchamp Le Pliage is very popular among students. If you want a bit more organization, George Gina & Lucy do some nice ones for a good price and they have a sale on their website right now, so they're even more affordable. :smile:
When it comes to backpacks, Kipling does some nice designs and their bags are practically indestructible. Some great totes they have as well!

Last edited:
I can not say enough good things about these bags from etsy- I have multiple! Laurel is really talented and will also alter or custom make bags for you. I have the color blocked Seattle tote and love it it's really well made. https://www.etsy.com/shop/DalleMieMani

Check her out!
Also on etsy roughandtumblebags look really practical and nice I don't own one though.

Longchamp! They are durable, simple and lightweight. The price is also well under your cap (they are $145 for the large). From my experience, you do not want a higher end bag, such as LV. You WILL have to put your bag on the floor, and people will kick it, step on it, spill things, etc. You don't want to spend a ton of money on something that will be destroyed after one semester. I've been pretty rough on my Longchamps and they are still intact (based on how much I put in them, it really is surprising that they haven't fallen apart).

My budget is up to $350, could push a little bit further if I really loved the bag. Prefer tote style or similar.

Please provide a link if you can.

Thank you!

I'm not sure if you're in high school or college, or what your schedule is like but I honestly just use whatever purse I'm carrying that day. I never really have more than two classes in a day so I usually just carry my books, plus an accordion organizer which separates each classes papers :smile: As for writing supplies, I just keep the few things I need in my makeup bag!

I am suggest Altego’s 17-inch Channel Stitched Ruby Backpack Ad this cost is $69.99.Altego’s 17-inch Channel Stitched Ruby Backpack features a 13- to 15-inch MacBook compartment and iPad pocket lined with protective red, black and gray flannel. The gray exterior with black padded back sports a water-resistant underside and padded shoulder straps.

it really depends on your major - science/pre-med/math's text books are almost always hard cover that's the thickness of yellow page :sweatdrop: I rely on good ol' Jansport to save my neck and shoulder lol. On days I have one class I usually just go with a large Longchamp that I throw everything in.

If your text book is not that thick then I second on DS's recommendation of Fjallraven Kanken. I use the mini all the time for travel, and it definitely sets you apart from all the American style backpack.