Recommend a Tote Bag for Work

bea8480

O.G.
Aug 18, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I am looking for a somewhat structured tote bag for work. I am currently using a Michael Kors leather tote and like it, but it is starting too look a little beat up. I am open to both designer and non-designer bags. Thanks for the help.

pinkpolo

♥ Timeless elegance.
Aug 16, 2009
Me too! I'm also looking for a large tote bag, preferabably with a shoulder strap and not too heavy. Yesterday, I tried on Hayden Harnett's Ibzia nylon tote (in violet) but my friend said it looked too much like a garmet bag. Plus, the SA commented that the bag was bigger than me. So I'm still looking... (And please, no Coach because it's so ubiquitious!) Thanks!

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Contented
I use a black Anya Hindmarch Carker for work - it's big enough to fit a laptop, documents and lunch and it's also quite sturdy. I've taken it overseas for work and it's a great traveller.

Laria

Jul 22, 2006
Me too! I'm also looking for a large tote bag, preferabably with a shoulder strap and not too heavy. Yesterday, I tried on Hayden Harnett's Ibzia nylon tote (in violet) but my friend said it looked too much like a garmet bag. Plus, the SA commented that the bag was bigger than me. So I'm still looking... (And please, no Coach because it's so ubiquitious!) Thanks!
Have you considered the Longchamp Le Pilage tote? On the deals and steals thread, there is a link to the magnums.net preferred customer sale of a couple of the Le Pilage totes. But the sale ends tomorrow (August 18th).

aprilraign

O.G.
Mar 16, 2009
MI
I like the Tod's coated canvas G-Bags. The leather totes are nice as well, but the coated canvas is lovely...I guess it would also depend on if you're business casual or suited up!

macro_grp02

Aug 10, 2009
Nice suggestion from Bitten. But I think I'll go with the creamy one if I were you. It could be nice on and off work.

passerby

Feb 17, 2006
Last edited: