Recommend a simple pebbled/raw leather tote, unlined

gnomixa78

Dec 6, 2009
I am on the market for a simple good quality, no frills, no designer logos, unlined large (12" by 16" approx) black tote.
The leather needs to be either pebbled or raw to be hard wearing for every day use. I commute so no soft leathers! I prefer unlined for its lightness.

budget - 200USD.

I am not really into designer brands but I do like quality.

You were very clear on it having to be raw/pebbled leather - I am however wondering if nylon is completely out of the question? Longchamp is lightweight and I hear it has good quality, so it might be ideal for commuting. I don't own a Longchamp personally (I have Prada nylon bags, but those are definitely more than $200), but again, I've heard good things about the brand. I believe Longchamp also has some leather bags, I'm just not sure if those are raw or pebbled, and how much those cost.

You were very clear on it having to be raw/pebbled leather - I am however wondering if nylon is completely out of the question? Longchamp is lightweight and I hear it has good quality, so it might be ideal for commuting. I don't own a Longchamp personally (I have Prada nylon bags, but those are definitely more than $200), but again, I've heard good things about the brand. I believe Longchamp also has some leather bags, I'm just not sure if those are raw or pebbled, and how much those cost.

thanks for the reply, but no nylon; Good quality leather is just as waterproof as nylon from my experience.
I have seen the Longchamp Planetes in person and it just not my thing (I have also seen the one that everyone else has and I just don't want to be a clone which is why I prefer a simple no logo bag)

thanks for the reply, but no nylon; Good quality leather is just as waterproof as nylon from my experience.
I have seen the Longchamp Planetes in person and it just not my thing (I have also seen the one that everyone else has and I just don't want to be a clone which is why I prefer a simple no logo bag)

Thanks for answering. There are some good suggestions from the other people who have responded to this thread as well - you might want to check those out. I'll just respond again should I think of something that meets your specifications.

Good luck!

Madewell tote

53228_BK5229-vi.jpg

Thank you! that's exactly what I have been looking for!

Never heard of that brand though...are they good? I actually would go with this tote.

I would guess the quality is comparable to J Crew (Madewell is owned by J Crew or whatever the parent company is called). My entire wardrobe is from Madewell but I've never bought any leather goods there. The reviews for this tote are great tho.