Recoleta and Zipped Compact Wallet

Jun 14, 2008
Hello,
I was wondering if anybody could tell me whether a Monogram Zipped Compact Wallet will fit inside a Damier Recoleta or not. By reading their dimensions and making comparison, it seems like it will fit, but without trying it in person, I cannot be sure. If anybody has both Recoleta and Zipped Compact Wallet and could tell me, that would be really GREAT!

Thank you very much in advance!!

gueancla

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
Mika,
I can not tell for sure if the zipped compant wallet would fit inside your recoleta. But, I just purchased the zipped compact and it fits perfectly well in my Monogram pochette. Hope this helps!!!

Jun 14, 2008
Thank you, gueancla,
I have a monogram pochette, too, and my zipped compact perfectly fits inside, and I love it! I wanted to get a similar damier bag for rainy days, and thought about getting the Damier pochette, but then thought it might be nice to get a difference style since I already have one pochette. Recoleta came to my mind, but I just wasn't sure if my wallet would fit inside. I even counted the number of the check patterns to have a better idea of the measurement, and it seems to be a tight fit, but still hard to tell. I wish I could try it in person; it is too bad the store does not carry it any more.

If anybody has the zipped compact and Recoleta, I would REALLY appreciate your help!

Thank you!

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
Yes, it does. I had both (sold the Recoleta) and it fits but it's kind of a tight fit...won't have room for much more and it'll close a little funny. A smaller wallet would be much better.

ETA: By the way, the Recoleta is super small. Because of the tapered shape, you really can't fit much in it. Half the time your bag will be half full only because you can't put anything on the top half of the bag or it won't close properly.

gueancla

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
Karman- in regards the zipped compact wallet. I just purchased this and like it very much. But after I put my credit cards in the slots I found it a bit difficult to take those out. I'm afraid that I can damage the slots by pulling too hard. So, I was wondering it this might be because the horizonatl design style of the slots. Has this happen to you? So, I'm debating whether or not to exchange it for the French purse intead. I believe this comes with vertical cc slots.

I would appreciated any help with this.
Thank youin advance!!!

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2008
karman,
Wow, thank you very much, your answer was very very helpful!! I was afraid that it might fit but close a little strangely. Also, thank you very much for mentioning the tapered shape making it a little problematic when placing things inside. Now, I am having a second thought about getting the Recoleta. Maybe I should just get a pochette... Mmm... difficult choice...

gueancla,
I cannot remember if I had that problem initially, but I have been using my zipped compact wallet for years now, and I don't find it difficult at all to take the credit cards out. I actually like the horizontal design for the slots more than vertical ones, because I am just afraid that cards might slip out of the wallet if the slots get looser, which would not be a problem if the slots are horizontal. Though, I never felt that the credit cards were slipping out from my zipped compact wallet slots, so this might not be a problem after all. :smile:

I used to have the French wallet, too, but I did not like it very much and let it go, because the bill compartment was so deep, and I found it not so easy to find the bills inside. Also, the coins would hit the metal claps, making sound, which was a bit annoying. One thing that is nicer than the zipped compact wallet is that it is thinner, though.

gueancla

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
Mika7777777- Thank you so much for your answer. That is very helpful to me. This is my firts LV wallet and always had love this design. I just got it over the weekend and I was having second thoughts but I am more sure now to keep it.

Now you use the coin purse for its purpose? I was thinking to use for either receipts or to keep store cc. I worry the coins might make it bulky? any thought on this?

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 14, 2008
gueancla,
I don't think credit cards could fit in the coin compartment. I tried it, but was afraid of stretching the leather, so I stopped trying. I keep my coins there, but I don't carry a lot of coins. The coin compartment is pretty thick, so it does not look bulky at all. But if you carry LOTS of coins, it might. It is nice that there are two compartments for coins. I put pennies and nickles in one compartment, and dimes and quarters in the other. It makes it easy to find the coins, and I like it a lot! I think it is a pretty good idea to keep receipts in the coin compartment, though.

Oh, one more thing I noticed. You know that two pockets on the right side of wallet interior? I used to keep multiple cards in each slot, then noticed that the slots got stretched, and cards inside would slip out. So it might be a better idea to keep just one or two cards inside the right side pocket.

gueancla

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
Thanks again! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to ask you about it. :smile: I'm planning to keep it. I probably buy a card case to put extra cards ( you know like store discounts cards). And I love your idea about organizing you coins...superb!!!! Many Thanks

Jun 14, 2008
karman,
I have one more question for you. Was the wallet a tight fit even when you placed it on its back side? That is, in a way that the LV logos on the wallet are 90 degrees off so that the shorter side of the wallet is parallel to the height of the bag, and the longer side of the wallet is parallel to the bottom of the bag (I hope I am explaning it clearly enough...)?

Jun 14, 2008
Actually, I was thinking that my explanation above was not very clear. What I mean is that, I was wondering if the wallet was still a tight fit when its shorter side was put upright, and its longer side was put along the bottom of the bag, so that it stands shorter than when it was put in the "normal" way.

Thanks again!

Logic

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Sydney
gueancla
I bought the mono zipped compact wallet 2 years ago and is still using it. The slots were tight at first and i was thinking the same as you.....i can't try and yank the cards out all the time, but after a couple of weeks usage, the leather loosens up. I have no probs and is loving it!! I am still using it now!!

gueancla

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
gueancla
I bought the mono zipped compact wallet 2 years ago and is still using it. The slots were tight at first and i was thinking the same as you.....i can't try and yank the cards out all the time, but after a couple of weeks usage, the leather loosens up. I have no probs and is loving it!! I am still using it now!!
Logic-Thank you very much for letting me know about this. I feel so much better :yahoo:now that I have some feedback from mono zipped owner. I decided not to exchange it :smile:

Jun 14, 2008
Just an update to my original posting that, I ended up getting a Recoleta, and I love it! Like karman said, a Zipped Compact Wallet is a tight fit, even when it is put on its side so that it stand shorter, but it is not bad at all. Since I got the Recoleta in place of a Pochette Accessories, its small size does not bother me at all. It fits more than Pochette Accessories, so I cannot complain. :smile: