Recognize this bag?

bluerobi

Apr 15, 2008
First of all thank you for allowing me to be a part of your forum. I am very new to this and am only doing it to locate a purse that my wife so dearly adores and we cannot locate anywhere. I am hoping that some of you can help? I have spent many hours on the internet trying to locate. It may be a copycat or authentic. It may be beautiful or hideous to many of you. Regardless, she likes it and I would like to see if I can locate it or one very similar for her birthday. Thank you so much, Richard.

Attachments

• 03-19-08_0847-Web.jpg
    03-19-08_0847-Web.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 03-19-08_0848-Web.jpg
    03-19-08_0848-Web.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 87
Hmmm....I haven't seen anything similar to that, but I do want to say you are a very nice husband to be doing this for your wife!! :love:

I hope you get some answers and are able to find it for her. Good luck!!

To tell you the truth, I didn't think it would be that hard of a chore! We have looked at the malls, flea markets, internet and have even emailed the pics to all of our friends.
My wife actually took the pics of the purse at work. A co-worker of her's has the purse and received it as a gift from her aunt. Other than that, there is no other info. No labels, no idea where her aunt bought it, nothing!
Thanks for all your help.

I also agree w/ B. Jara.......it's most likely a bag that is not widely distributed, looks more hand-made/craft-like. Indeed, it will be a challenge to find.
You are so thoughtful and kind to do this for your loved-one....good luck with your search.

I have never seen it before. I am not sure where you live but at Sugarloaf Craft Shos there are a number of artisans who make handmade purses and it looks like it could be something like that.

If you cannot find the label, it is very likely a handmade or craft purse. It indeed is very beautiful and unique. Your wife can proudly carry it and no need to worry about seeing a duplicate around her.

Don't give up on me everyone! I am still trying to locate something very similar to a purse on the pictures. I have to talked to the lady that has the purse and it was given to her by her aunt that is keeping a very tight lip. I agree that it is probably handmade. Thanks for all your help.

I am also wondering if it was imported from another country. The bag below is from China has similar embroidered flowers, but the fabric on the one you're looking for looks like more of a batik pattern:
lianan995.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-PINK-BE...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

India maybe??

Thanks Sandyeggo but the pattern is really not the most important detail. I think she really likes the design (with the middle compartment) and detail of the purse more than anything. She would go with another fabric if it was nice looking. You may be right on the India suggestion, I just don't know where to look? Thanks for everyone's help.

this really looks like a boutique-y purse.. maybe even something u could find in anthro, though none of the current bags an anthropologie are like this one..