Food Recipes for chicken breasts

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Okay, I am trying to find what I can do with chicken breasts, but the amount of information on the net (or even one website, like allrecipes.com) is totally overwhelming.

What are your favorite things to do with chicken breasts? I'll start.

SUPER-easy parmesan chicken:

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts
Mayonnaise
Parmesan cheese (shredded)
Italian-style bread crums

1. Mix a heaping spoonful of mayo with a handfull of parmesan cheese. There should be about twice or even three times as much parmesan cheese as mayo.
2. Spread the mayo/parmesan paste over the chicken breasts.
3. Sprinkle generously with bread crumbs.
4. Bake @ 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until exterior is golden brown.

Tada! It's tasty and super easy.

^ Sounds good! I'll have to try that. I make chicken so much and need some new ideas.

I love using my crockpot b/c it is so easy and helps me actually make proper dinners during the week.
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/search/label/chicken

For non crockpot recipes, I grill it inside and also like to place olive oil, balsamic vinegar (or you can just use bottled dressing and cheat) and whatever herbs in a pan w/ chicken and bake at 375. It is really easy and turns out yummy. Adding in dijon mustard to the mix is good too.

OT- did your salmon turn out okay?

This is a Rachel Ray (I know, I know, I know!!! :smile:) recipe that I changed up to suit my own taste
Ingredients

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 package, 10 ounces, frozen chopped spinach
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 12 mushroom caps (I like to use a package of mixed with oyster mushrooms, babay bellas, etc.)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3-4 green onions, minced
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmigiano or Romano (fresh makes all the difference in this dish)
  • 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
  • Toothpicks
  • PAM Spray
Directions

Defrost spinach in the microwave. Transfer spinach to a kitchen towel. Twist towel around spinach and wring it out until very dry. Transfer to a medium-mixing bowl.

Place a nonstick skillet over moderate heat. When skillet is hot, add butter, oilve oil, mushrooms, garlic and green onions. Season with salt and pepper and saute 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms, garlic and onions to the food processor. Pulse to grind the mushrooms and transfer to the mixing bowl, adding the processed mushrooms to the spinach. If you don't have a food processor or even if you don't want to dirty it you can finely mince the mushrooms before you sautee and it works out just fine. Add grated cheese and bread crumbs to the bowl. Stir to combine the stuffing.

Place a mound of stuffing between the two sides of the breast and wrap the sides up around the stuffing. Leaving some exposed so that it can get a little crispy. Secure breasts with toothpicks if you want to. Spray a glass baking dish with PAM and place the stuffed chicken breasts in the pan. Bake at 375 F for 30 - 45 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to be sure that the chicken is cooked through. Needs to read 165.

Hi IntlSet! :smile:

Here is a delicious one to try...

Stuffed chicken breast:
Bake chicken breasts as normal, but before baking, cut a sliver in each of them and stuff with feta cheese and sundried tomatoes (chopped); press closed. Close with a toothpick. Bake as usual.

Here's a youtube video on how to pound, stuff, and roll a chicken breast, too. You can use other desirable fillings.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SD76s1JPhQ

i cut up a chicken breast or two... and a few potatoes (with skins on)... put it in a casserole dish and pour italian dressing over it (enough to almost cover it)...back it at 350 for 1.5 hours. i stir it about halfway through so the stuff on top can be mixed to the bottom where the liquid is.

once it's almost done i turn on the broaster to make it a little crispy.

once on my plate i top it off with some ranch dressing (because i love ranch)

so good and so easy!

This is one that I do, it is beyond simple.

Start with bone in chicken breasts, take salt, black pepper(I like to use cracked) and chopped fresh garlic (or garlic powder if you are lazy like me) and rub that all over the chicken breast, including down between the skin and the flesh.

Take a big oblong pan and line it with a mess of aluminum foil so you wobn't have to wash it, or use a disposable foil pan, and spray it good with canola oil.

Pour about an inch or so of chicken broth, or water and a Maggi cube, or even just water.

Set the fire in the oven to 400 and put in the pan crossways, going across, horizontal, whichever one of those is the right way to say it, to make it cook more evenly.

After about a half hour, turn the fire down to about 325 and leave it there for a couple of hours, maybe a little more, depending on how much chicken is in the pan, your oven, and how long it takes you to baste, because of course whenever you open the door, you lose heat.

After the first hour, start basting every 20 minutes or so, add liquid as needed, you always want at least a half inch or so.

When the skin is brown, and the chicken wants to separate from the bone when poked, take it out and remove the bones and gristle. Throw those away, or if you are Martha Stewart or something and think you can get more stock out of them, do whatever it is you do with them and get back to the chicken of the present.

Put the breasts, which should now be bone free but still covered with brown, relatively crispy but not brittle, skin, on a plate.

After that it is up to you. We usually just leave them like that, visiting from time to time to cut slices and make Authentic Ethnic Sandwiches, just mayonnaise and white sponge bread, straight up like a Brady would (I use the light version of the white sponge bread) but you could also cut some off and dice it, then mix it with some sliced almonds, seedless grapes, chopped onion, mayonnaise/yogurt/sour cream, and then from there you can add more garlic, salt, pepper, a little cayenne, maybe a little drop of balsamic vinegar, and depending on where you want to go, a smoosh of curry powder melted with a glop of I Can't Believe Fabio Ever Ate This, or you could do just cumin, paprika, cardamom and coriander.

Or, you could cut some off and sort of shred it, and put it on a tortilla or roti or injera or whatever, put cheese and chopped chilies on top of it and toast it in what is left of the oven fire, or make a new one or cover it with a wet paper towel and nuke it, then add some chimol (chopped tomato, onion and cilantro)

Or, you could cut some off and heat a little bit of sesame oil on a hot fire and add some chopped onions, garlic, sweet chilies, water chestnuts, mushrooms, whatever, let those cook, deglaze it with a little sherry, put in a little oyster or fish or plain soy sauce, little rice vinegar, put the chicken last with some pineapple chunks and cashews, then you can put that on rice, or put it on some roti or whatever and make a taco.

(Obviously, you can also put it with some vegetables together with some Patak curry or Barilla pasta sauce from a jar and from either of those, do a squillion other things)

Simple chicken teriyaki with homemade teriyaki sauce:

soy sauce
honey
mirin
+/- garlic (up to you)
I have to check the proportions, but just mix it, throw the chicken the bag before work and put that in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, (if you have an automatic rice cooker) prepare your rice for when you get home. Once you get home, slice some fresh veggies and throw it in your already cooked rice cooker directly (and push the re-heat button) or put frozen veggies in a dish with 1/4 in water into the microwave for 2 min.
While the veggies are cooking, fry your breasts. Meal in minutes!

Here's what I made last night.

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 jar marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Heat about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a large chicken fryer pan on medium high heat. Then add 6 boneless chicken breasts and brown both sides for a total of about 10 minutes. Once the chicken is browned, pour one jar of spaghetti or marinara or whatever red sauce you like (I used Paul Newman's pesto and tomato) in the pan with the chicken and sprinkle about 3 Tablespoons of parmesan cheese around the pan. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes depending on how large your chicken pieces are. Remove lid and check the largest piece for doneness. Sprinkle a good amount of shredded mozzarella cheese on each piece and sprinkle a hefty amount of parmesan cheese on each. Let sit for 5 minutes for cheese to melt. I made garlic bread and a salad to go along with it. My kids who are usually very picky ate every bite.

These recipes are not for chicken breasts (mostly chicken thighs) but I use them anyway! These are my favorite, healthy and super easy recipes for chicken:

Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Vinaigrette

MARINATE CHICKEN DAY BEFORE AND PUT IN ZIPLOCK PLASTIC BAG

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4-6 Chicken thighs and/or wings
1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth (for the sauce/pan drippings)
1 teaspoon lemon zest (only if you want it)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves

Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend. Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Remove chicken from the bag and arrange the chicken pieces on a aluminum foil on glass pan (or large greased baking dish). Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour. If your chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter.

Sauce (if you want)

Pour drippings into pan and whisk the chicken broth into the pan drippings, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the baking sheet with a wooden spoon and mixing them into the broth and pan drippings

If you don't like balsamic vinegar, this is also another recipe that's really good....and healthy!

Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs

4 large bone-in chicken thighs, skins removed (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2 tablespoons grainy French mustard
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
2 tablespoons maple syrup

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Combine mustard, garlic, marjoram and maple syrup in a small bowl. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard mixture evenly on top of each chicken thigh, being careful to cover as much of the surface as possible to form a "crust."

Arrange chicken in a glass baking dish. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until mustard mixture has formed a crust and is slightly hardened, and juices run clear when the chicken is pierced.

Sometimes I just boil chicken breasts (I do this when they are thawed or frozen - they cook really quickly and come out juicy and soft) and then top it with salsa and mexican blend cheese.

also bread the cutlets with flour, egg, bread crumbs and cook. and top with lettuce and then top it with a lemon/olive oil dressing (very simple - olive oil, lemon juice, salt pepper)

This recipe looks really good!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

It is the newest one, "Ranch Chicken." It was just posted today and for some reason, I can't get the direct link.

You could lighten it up a ton by using fat free or low fat turkey bacon, low fat cheese and cutting back on the honey. If you did that, it really wouldn't be all that bad for you.

i put the breasts into the crock pot with cut up potatoes and cream of mushroom soup (you can use the fat free too). it's really good. for healthy option, serve over mixed steamed veggies, or omit the potatoes in cooking and serve over rice.