Recent Warranty Experience? Cracking Strap on Whitney Tote

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all!
    Does anyone have recent experience with Michael Kors warranty repairs? My Whitney Tote (purchased in March 2019) has a crack in the glazing on the strap (pics attached). It's not horrible now but I'm worried it'll get worse. I'm still within the one year warranty period so I want to get on this before my warranty expires.

I found some threads from 2017 about warranty, that basically said if the bag was defective, they'd give me a replacement of equivalent value (since this bag is no longer in production).

Has anyone had recent experience with this? I'm worried I'll send my bag off and then it'll get lost or I'll have to wait months for an answer!

Plan on calling them next week, but I wanted to get an advice you have before doing so!

Thanks in advanced!

Attached Files:

2. Bump?

3. I recently went through with a warranty claim on my Selma. I had it for three months when the seam came undone. I sent it to MK (on my dime) and within about a week they told me they couldn't repair it and to select a new bag from an emailed list. Every time I chose a bag, they said it was unavailable. I ended up with a gift card to use in store or online for $225 which was more than double what I originally paid for the bag.

I went back to the outlet store I got it from and they said if you bring the receipt with you, they can replace the bag with one in store if it breaks within 3 months. With the MK flagships I believe it's the same way.

OogleAtLuxury likes this.
  4. Ah I should've tried to go to a boutique! I bought the bag from Macy's, so I wonder if that changes anything. I sent my bag in (paid $13 for shipping), so now I'm waiting for their response! I'm worried they're going to say the bag isn't defective and send it back to me

5. FYI - Warranty process took a little over a month. They deemed by bag defective and offered me a list of replacement items. This is what I got as a replacement:

I'll be uploading a video about the warranty process in the coming weeks for those of you who are curious.

so12monc likes this.