Recent Purchases... What do you Think?

smiles1003

O.G.
Jul 1, 2009
Over the past couple of months I have bought a few bags. These weren't planned, but I stumbled across them at such a good price, I felt that I couldn't resist them! (And they were quite nice bags)

But now I am looking at them, I haven't used any of them yet. I do like them, each for their own merit. However, I want to keep them because I will continue to like them, not just because I got them for a good deal. (I don't want to look back at them next year and say "what was I thinking")

so that's where I need your help..... will I regret these or will they be great go to bags to change things up (I have a lot of black/brown basic bags).

The first bag is the Marc by Marc Jacobs Groovee in electric violet
(Originally $498, purchased for $169)

The second bag is the Marc by Marc Jacobs Q City Tote in Light Coffee. (Originally $428, purchased for $150)

The third bag is the Cole Haan Small Pocket Hobo in gunmetal. (Originally 325, purchased for $140.)

The Last Bag is the Marc Jacobs Angela bag in black (Orginally $950, purchased for $425)

Should I keep all of them, only some of them or return all?

Attachments

• Groovee.jpg
    Groovee.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 412
  • Q City.jpg
    Q City.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 405
  • cole haan.jpg
    cole haan.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 408
  • Angela.jpg
    Angela.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 419
I used to make a lot of sales goggles purchases and I rehomed them all, made two so far this year and rehoming them as well...

Since you have the black and browns covered, I'd keep the electric violet bag. I have more black bags than any other color so I'd keep the MJ as well.

They all seem like very nice bags. I guess the question is "WHY hvnt u found a reason to use them yet?" if u can't answer that Q, then maybe ur not as ecstatic about ur purchases after all. I know when I get a new bag, I always find excuses to take them out. Even if it's for a quick stroll around the block. Lol!

Thanks for your thoughts everyone!!! I really appreciate it!

Spent some time thinking about it. The cole haan is going back... there is something I don't love about the shape and how it falls on me.

The Marc Jacobs Angela bag is a bag I contemplated purchasing at full price. I love hobos and this a classic style that I can use forever. The only thing I am concerned about is that there is no zipper on the top of the bag, just a magnetic closure. I will have to fill it with what I normally carry and see how it falls.

The Classic Q tote would be nice for carrying small amounts of papers/books etc. in the summer. (I don't have a brown tote bag)

The Groovee is a style I wanted in either the light coffee or new tan color. When I found the violet on sale I thought it would "brighten" my collection up. I only have browns, blacks and one red bag. The only thing I guess I am concerned about is being able to use that bag for everyday/work.

This is the second time I purchased the bag. (I bought the Violet groove at end of summer/fall of '09 at Saks however, the one I bought was defective, so I had to return it)

I got the Groovee at Bloomingdales just before the holidays. The associate said they just found it in the back (it never got put on the floor). They had an extra 20% off coupon that day, so she went to tell me how much the bag would cost and realized it was marked down. I thought that might be a sign that it should be mine.

WOW--Great deals. I think you are making some good decisions. I love how you brightened up your collection. I would send back the ones that you don't LOVE!! Congrats on your new purchases.