Recent purchase with Ebay

jvpurse

Jan 23, 2013
Here is the link with some details:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-A...845?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3a7c4a79fd

So it appears from my search that it's not the typical 2.55 purse. It's actually called a Chanel 3way 2.55 lambskin flap handbag. There is something like it in malleries.

I've purchased the item, but I wanted to ensure it's authenticity so I tried to have it authenticated here, but needed some clearer pictures of the zipper pull and hologram sticker. I've requested those and have asked also to tear a piece of paper and put my name on it. So when the pictures are taken my name would be seen so I know that it is in fact this product. So there's was some back and forth. I keep asking where and when she bought this product. It looks like it was from Paris, but the seller keeps avoiding the question.

Then today the seller decided to cancel this transaction. I don't understand why the seller wouldn't provide responses to my questions and send a couple of pictures and just be done with it. If you're confident of the truthfulness of what's advertised and the product being Chanel I would think that these are non-issues, but I guess they were to this specific seller only.

I can't vouch for it's authenticity or when/where it's from. It looks like a good buy. I wasn't able to complete the authenticity process here. It looks real, but what do I know really. Be very careful and do your due diligence. All I can say is keep asking questions. There are no stupid questions. This is a very expensive purchase and let's be honest here you're buying the name. You want it to be right and perfect.

I'm upset because I have to do my search again. I wish I can just go into the boutique or stores and just get it over with, but it's just too expensive with taxes. I'm doubting that I can ever find a brand new Chanel with my price point before Valentine's day. Maybe I should just stick to chocolate truffles which my wife loves, but I wanted something very special like Chanel. I wish she's into jewelry, but she's not. She's impassioned with Chanel, but I know she wouldn't purchase it for herself because it's very expensive. I hope she's not checking this forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-A...845?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3a7c4a79fd

So it appears from my search that it's not the typical 2.55 purse. It's actually called a Chanel 3way 2.55 lambskin flap handbag. There is something like it in malleries.

I've purchased the item, but I wanted to ensure it's authenticity so I tried to have it authenticated here, but needed some clearer pictures of the zipper pull and hologram sticker. I've requested those and have asked also to tear a piece of paper and put my name on it. So when the pictures are taken my name would be seen so I know that it is in fact this product. So there's was some back and forth. I keep asking where and when she bought this product. It looks like it was from Paris, but the seller keeps avoiding the question.

Then today the seller decided to cancel this transaction. I don't understand why the seller wouldn't provide responses to my questions and send a couple of pictures and just be done with it. If you're confident of the truthfulness of what's advertised and the product being Chanel I would think that these are non-issues, but I guess they were to this specific seller only.

I can't vouch for it's authenticity or when/where it's from. It looks like a good buy. I wasn't able to complete the authenticity process here. It looks real, but what do I know really. Be very careful and do your due diligence. All I can say is keep asking questions. There are no stupid questions. This is a very expensive purchase and let's be honest here you're buying the name. You want it to be right and perfect.

I'm upset because I have to do my search again. I wish I can just go into the boutique or stores and just get it over with, but it's just too expensive with taxes. I'm doubting that I can ever find a brand new Chanel with my price point before Valentine's day. Maybe I should just stick to chocolate truffles which my wife loves, but I wanted something very special like Chanel. I wish she's into jewelry, but she's not. She's impassioned with Chanel, but I know she wouldn't purchase it for herself because it's very expensive. I hope she's not checking this forum.

You will find some good advice in the ebay forum, but there are honest sellers that sell authentic bags, and who will take the time to answer your questions and provide additional photos. I don't know what kind of bag you are looking for (didn't check the link), but you can find most any kind of bag, and find honest sellers.

Check their feedback, check the feedback they have left for others, check to see what they have bought, as well as what they have sold previously. Many times huge sellers don't take the time, so look for someone with good solid feedback built up over years, and for large purchases, avoid those with few feedback numbers (brand new sellers can be awesome and everyone is new at some point, but most sellers were buyers first).

Also, make sure to have things authenticated, especially if you don't know the brand (and even if you do). If you find the seller is not responsive to you, move on to another seller.

The one thing is to know that while bargains are still to be had, an authentic Chanel bag will not be inexpensive. The old adage, "if it's too good to be true, it usually is" plays out here. They are valuable bags, even the vintage ones. You can find new bags from recent years, and sometimes new bags from older years, that buyers bought but ended up not using for one reason or another. I'm guilty of that.

Often you can get the feel of a seller just by a few communications. Good sellers have no problem helping out buyers. The ones who are hesitant are the ones you need to ask yourself why. Ebay has more honest than not honest sellers, in my opinion, it's just that we hear of the bad ones here; the good ones people don't report or talk about.

You don't have to go to overpriced sellers who are well known to get a great bag; you will usually find better prices from sellers who are smaller, and cleaning out their closets. Professional sellers, who sell for a living, often don't have the time to spend communicating a lot. Of course there are exceptions to everything, but I usually find those that are the "middle sellers" i.e. not brand new but not having huge stockpiles of expensive items, are often the best.

Hang in there; it's not all bad.

You will find some good advice in the ebay forum, but there are honest sellers that sell authentic bags, and who will take the time to answer your questions and provide additional photos. I don't know what kind of bag you are looking for (didn't check the link), but you can find most any kind of bag, and find honest sellers.

Check their feedback, check the feedback they have left for others, check to see what they have bought, as well as what they have sold previously. Many times huge sellers don't take the time, so look for someone with good solid feedback built up over years, and for large purchases, avoid those with few feedback numbers (brand new sellers can be awesome and everyone is new at some point, but most sellers were buyers first).

Also, make sure to have things authenticated, especially if you don't know the brand (and even if you do). If you find the seller is not responsive to you, move on to another seller.

The one thing is to know that while bargains are still to be had, an authentic Chanel bag will not be inexpensive. The old adage, "if it's too good to be true, it usually is" plays out here. They are valuable bags, even the vintage ones. You can find new bags from recent years, and sometimes new bags from older years, that buyers bought but ended up not using for one reason or another. I'm guilty of that.

Often you can get the feel of a seller just by a few communications. Good sellers have no problem helping out buyers. The ones who are hesitant are the ones you need to ask yourself why. Ebay has more honest than not honest sellers, in my opinion, it's just that we hear of the bad ones here; the good ones people don't report or talk about.

You don't have to go to overpriced sellers who are well known to get a great bag; you will usually find better prices from sellers who are smaller, and cleaning out their closets. Professional sellers, who sell for a living, often don't have the time to spend communicating a lot. Of course there are exceptions to everything, but I usually find those that are the "middle sellers" i.e. not brand new but not having huge stockpiles of expensive items, are often the best.

Thanks. I'm a little obsessed now too.

Sorry that your purchase did not work out/ go through. It is so nice you are looking to buy your wife chanel for Valentine's day. Have you considered getting her a wallet or maybe WOC instead at a boutique or store since those would be less expensive?

Are you sure this is an authentic piece? I've never seen this style before and with a Series number of 13XX... its relatively recent like within the last 2-5 yrs?!

Tutushopper you couldn't said it better! I do sell my bags sometimes on eBay and appreciate good buyers too. Not everyone is a bad seller on eBay;). Hope everything turns out good!

Sorry that your purchase did not work out/ go through. It is so nice you are looking to buy your wife chanel for Valentine's day. Have you considered getting her a wallet or maybe WOC instead at a boutique or store since those would be less expensive?
Thanks. I want to give her a little more function than just a wallet. I would truly like a GST with GHW. She would love that.

Are you sure this is an authentic piece? I've never seen this style before and with a Series number of 13XX... its relatively recent like within the last 2-5 yrs?!
Malleries has the exact product. That's how I knew the name:

http://www.malleries.com/chanel-3wa...mall2SID=af413165d0f66aa3525f1f41d7f7d686#img

I'm not surprised that she's re-listed it again:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251221387416

Guys do your due diligence if you want to purchase it. Ask questions/proof...

Malleries has the exact product. That's how I knew the name:

http://www.malleries.com/chanel-3wa...mall2SID=af413165d0f66aa3525f1f41d7f7d686#img

I'm not surprised that she's re-listed it again:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251221387416

Guys do your due diligence if you want to purchase it. Ask questions/proof...
Ok the Malleries ones maybe an authentic piece but for sure it is a VINTAGE piece as it looks very vintage (esp the inner CC logo zipper) and with a series code of 6X (which was produced a LONG time ago). The one that you bought from eBay... I'm not sure about the same vintage piece with a 13XX series code number... looks weird to me... Just my opinion... it might not be a bad thing that the seller decided to cancel the transaction as I would probably want to cancel the transaction as a Buyer.

Ok the Malleries ones maybe an authentic piece but for sure it is a VINTAGE piece as it looks very vintage (esp the inner CC logo zipper) and with a series code of 6X (which was produced a LONG time ago). The one that you bought from eBay... I'm not sure about the same vintage piece with a 13XX series code number... looks weird to me... Just my opinion... it might not be a bad thing that the seller decided to cancel the transaction as I would probably want to cancel the transaction as a Buyer.
Agreed.

Thanks. I want to give her a little more function than just a wallet. I would truly like a GST with GHW. She would love that.

I see. The GST is such a nice bag! My husband got me a half moon WOC for our anniversary and I love it. I have medium and large chanel purses for every day use but the half moon WOC is great for date nights or running errands and is much roomier than the other WOC's but would not be an every day bag. If you're in a crunch to find something you may want to check them out. They retail for $1500. I hope you can find her a special bag though. Best of luck!