Recent purchase of LV left wondering..

kelodin

Jul 4, 2009
recently, my mother purchased a LV wallet and when she looked at it there was no serial number. I told my mother not to worry about it because she purchased it at a LV store. Also she has purchased several bags, and these bags do not come with "authentication cards". For further reference, does LV have authentication cards? And which of their collections have serical numbers? Thank you:biggrin:

recently, my mother purchased a LV wallet and when she looked at it there was no serial number. I told my mother not to worry about it because she purchased it at a LV store. Also she has purchased several bags, and these bags do not come with "authentication cards". For further reference, does LV have authentication cards? And which of their collections have serical numbers? Thank you:biggrin:

NOOO LVs NEVER come with authentication cards!! That is a tell tale sign of a fake!! Every LV will have a "date code" in it.. usually hidden around the seam. LV will sometimes come with a care booklet, always a materials card, and sometimes a third card showing the style and style number of the bag

1. Serial Numbers

Louis Vuitton items do not come with serial numbers, they are stamped with date codes however. Here's a reference thread on the locations of date codes, if the wallet isn't listed there, you could also post a question in that forum regarding the location. http://forum.purseblog.com/date-codes/

Most items will have a date code - only rarely are items made without !

2. Authenticity Cards

Louis Vuitton products do not come with authenticity cards. There may be a product card that describes the materials, as well as a barcode card. Some products that require special care or are LE will come with an information booklet as well.

Ok, just making sure, because some were talking about "authentication cards", but Miss Kris, it comes with 2 other cards?

Yes, many do unless the SA removed them. The first will be a small material card and the other could be a bar code / style card (but sometimes they don't come with this depending on the store)