Recent LV repair experience

Clairen4

Nov 16, 2017
I’ve been reading a a lot of posts recently about how LV is declining in service/quality and I wanted to share my experience with a recent repair.

About 5 months ago I noticed that the piping around one of the “corners” of my Galliera PM had rubbed open and had exposed the small tubing used to create the piping. Saddened at the sight, I took my beautiful girl to the closest LV store and asked about a repair. I was told it would be $200’ish for the repair and would take about 6 weeks. I was fine with that as they were going to replace all of the piping (both sides). As for the timing, well, it is what it is.

I patiently waited, and after 7 weeks I got the call that my girl was back and ready to be picked up. I inspected her at the store and she was perfect!!!! All of the piping was replaced and looked fantastic. Once home, I opened up my bag to put stuffing in it to properly store her when I noticed that somehow the stitching of the replaced piping had come through the inside of the bag and part of the leather trim at the top. To say that I was shocked is an understatement. How could no one have noticed this? Why didn’t I look inside the bag at the store? This is unacceptable!, etc...

I immediately text my SA with a picture and shared my disappointment (NOTE: my SA was not working when I picked up my bag.) She immediately apologized and asked me to bring the bag back so she could send it back to the repair team. She contacted the head of repair and arranged for an expedited repair.

Four weeks later, I got the call that my bag was back. So again I drove to the store to collect my bag. And I checked her over inside and out. And LV blew me away. Not only did they correct the stitching, they replaced the lining, the leather trim at the top, the leather tabs that contain the magnetic tabs (as well as the magnetic tabs) and the rings on my bag. All at no additional cost to me. I am beyond impressed with the service that I received. In my mind LV has more than made up for the error in my repair.

I’m writing this post for two reasons. 1) I feel that the quality of the repair that I was provided was beyond amazing and I greatly appreciate the extra effort the repair team provided to compensate for the erroneous stitching. I would not hesitate to take another bag in for repair. And given the complaints that I’ve read of late, I wanted to share my positive experience with all of my handbag friends here on TPF. 2) For those of you who take your bag in for repair, please know your bag is in good hands. However when you receive your bag, be sure to inspect every part of the bag. Even my SA said she would now be checking all repairs both inside and outside, as you just never know.

Thank you LV!!! You went above and beyond for this customer and I am extremely impressed. I will always a loyal customer!!! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

I’ve been reading a a lot of posts recently about how LV is declining in service/quality and I wanted to share my experience with a recent repair.

About 5 months ago I noticed that the piping around one of the “corners” of my Galliera PM had rubbed open and had exposed the small tubing used to create the piping. Saddened at the sight, I took my beautiful girl to the closest LV store and asked about a repair. I was told it would be $200’ish for the repair and would take about 6 weeks. I was fine with that as they were going to replace all of the piping (both sides). As for the timing, well, it is what it is.

I patiently waited, and after 7 weeks I got the call that my girl was back and ready to be picked up. I inspected her at the store and she was perfect!!!! All of the piping was replaced and looked fantastic. Once home, I opened up my bag to put stuffing in it to properly store her when I noticed that somehow the stitching of the replaced piping had come through the inside of the bag and part of the leather trim at the top. To say that I was shocked is an understatement. How could no one have noticed this? Why didn’t I look inside the bag at the store? This is unacceptable!, etc...

I immediately text my SA with a picture and shared my disappointment (NOTE: my SA was not working when I picked up my bag.) She immediately apologized and asked me to bring the bag back so she could send it back to the repair team. She contacted the head of repair and arranged for an expedited repair.

Four weeks later, I got the call that my bag was back. So again I drove to the store to collect my bag. And I checked her over inside and out. And LV blew me away. Not only did they correct the stitching, they replaced the lining, the leather trim at the top, the leather tabs that contain the magnetic tabs (as well as the magnetic tabs) and the rings on my bag. All at no additional cost to me. I am beyond impressed with the service that I received. In my mind LV has more than made up for the error in my repair.

I’m writing this post for two reasons. 1) I feel that the quality of the repair that I was provided was beyond amazing and I greatly appreciate the extra effort the repair team provided to compensate for the erroneous stitching. I would not hesitate to take another bag in for repair. And given the complaints that I’ve read of late, I wanted to share my positive experience with all of my handbag friends here on TPF. 2) For those of you who take your bag in for repair, please know your bag is in good hands. However when you receive your bag, be sure to inspect every part of the bag. Even my SA said she would now be checking all repairs both inside and outside, as you just never know.

Thank you LV!!! You went above and beyond for this customer and I am extremely impressed. I will always a loyal customer!!! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
I have had several items repaired over the years and I have never been disappointed. It's well worth the wait and the price tag.

Wow I’m so glad I came across this thread as my first LV (poppimcourt haute) is collecting dust in my closet because the piping along the outside on the bottom is worn and I can also see the tubing. Curious if they fix this piping will it not match the handle vachetta which has elegantly slightly aged? Will I need to have all of the vachetta replaced?

Wow I’m so glad I came across this thread as my first LV (poppimcourt haute) is collecting dust in my closet because the piping along the outside on the bottom is worn and I can also see the tubing. Curious if they fix this piping will it not match the handle vachetta which has elegantly slightly aged? Will I need to have all of the vachetta replaced?
Hi there. The vachetta will look different than your aged vachetta. However, once it warms up I plan on sunning the new piping to help it tan to look more like the existing vachetta. However, if it doesn’t match exactly, that’s ok with me. Hope this helps.

Hi there. The vachetta will look different than your aged vachetta. However, once it warms up I plan on sunning the new piping to help it tan to look more like the existing vachetta. However, if it doesn’t match exactly, that’s ok with me. Hope this helps.

That does help thank you. I’m assuming they replaced all of the piping not just fixing that bottom part?

That does help thank you. I’m assuming they replaced all of the piping not just fixing that bottom part?

Yes, on my bag, they replaced the piping both sides. They would have replaced only the side with the issue, had I insisted, but the charge would have been the same to replace one or both sides. And the other side was also beginning to wear so I went ahead and replaced both. I’m happy to add pics so you can see the repair once I’m back home (traveling for the holidays currently).

Yes, on my bag, they replaced the piping both sides. They would have replaced only the side with the issue, had I insisted, but the charge would have been the same to replace one or both sides. And the other side was also beginning to wear so I went ahead and replaced both. I’m happy to add pics so you can see the repair once I’m back home (traveling for the holidays currently).

If you don’t mind when you have a chance would be great. The vachetta on the four corners of my bag are completely worn through but it’s basically two pieces. I’ve always heard it cost a ton so I wasn’t sure if it was worth it. But a few hundred dollars seems reasonable to me if that ends up being the case.

If you don’t mind when you have a chance would be great. The vachetta on the four corners of my bag are completely worn through but it’s basically two pieces. I’ve always heard it cost a ton so I wasn’t sure if it was worth it. But a few hundred dollars seems reasonable to me if that ends up being the case.

Of course. Happy to do so. I’ll be home in a couple of days and I’ll post pics so you can see. :smile:

Hello Tnt123,

So sorry it’s taken me a while to post. With canceled/delayed flights, work and kids activities, it’s been a whirlwind since I’ve been home.

Now that I have a peaceful moment I wanted to share the pics with you. [emoji4]

Here are the corners of the bag that were damaged AFTER the repair. (Sorry I don’t have any before pics.)
749bde4d788dc95157af64d8a110716d.jpg

Here is a close up of the new vachetta against the original vachetta.

f4c055c4c3289ee25d56ee435df72249.jpg

Over all piping replacements (6 pieces in all)
Two on the front and back panels (total of four) and the two long pieces that run the length of the bag (side to side).

a2eeb281b320b77e5f739f3725b81b67.jpg

All of that piping was replaced for $240 or $260. Can’t quite remember the price. But considering they had to take the bag completely apart, and were replacing all of the vachetta, I was pleasantly surprised with the quote.

My advice would be to take your bag to LV and just ask. You might just be surprised.

Good luck my dear. And if you do decide to repair your beauty, and you think about it, let me know how it went for you and share a pic please. :flower: [emoji4]

Reactions: Syrenitytoo
I think all the vachetta looks pretty good, doesn't stand out as new vs. old, maybe because the bag itself is a lighter color (not mono which is dark).

And the price is very reasonable to me--good to know, thanks for sharing!

I think all the vachetta looks pretty good, doesn't stand out as new vs. old, maybe because the bag itself is a lighter color (not mono which is dark).

And the price is very reasonable to me--good to know, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your kind words!!! It’s much more noticeable in person, but I’m okay with that. Nothing a little sunning won’t take care of. And eventually it will darken to match.

I double checked the cost yesterday after I posted and it was $240, very reasonable IMO.