Recent International Shipping

jenayb

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
Curious.......... How many of you have recently shipped something internationally, IE within the last three weeks? What was your experience like? I sent something on Nov 16th. The latest tracking update was November 19th as the item was scanned having departed ISC in Los Angeles. After that, nada.

I understand it's the holidays and not everything is scanned every step of the way, but my buyer is understandably nervous. :-s

Any input is appreciated! :flowers:

Jeany, usps said tonight on the news that mail & packages are in the
"snail pace"... not all buyers are as patient as we would like them to be,
but hope that yours will understand...and besides which, you are probably
communicating with your buyer every step of the way... hopefully her
package will arrive shortly....

Thanks lovelies. :hugs:

hotshot, the buyer is being 100% cool about it but is understandably a little uneasy. I've already put a tracer out on the package just in case Canada Post is being lazy and let the buyer know; she was very grateful. :cool:

I hadn't seen the news piece on USPS; thank you for posting. That seriously makes me feel SO much better! :tup:

Jeany , you have a very good track record... while we all do our very best
in communicating, if we could all get on a plane and "hand deliver" the item
many of us would do so... we have to rely upon the postal system to get
that package delivered in a reasonable amount of time...and for sure
your buyer is grateful for the updates....the package will get there....

Also, Canada is pretty much the slowest out of any international destination, just because of the sheer volume of packages going from the US to Canada (even worse during the holidays). I hope you used Express?

Jeany , you have a very good track record... while we all do our very best
in communicating, if we could all get on a plane and "hand deliver" the item
many of us would do so... we have to rely upon the postal system to get
that package delivered in a reasonable amount of time...and for sure
your buyer is grateful for the updates....the package will get there....

:smooch: Thank you, love.

Also, Canada is pretty much the slowest out of any international destination, just because of the sheer volume of packages going from the US to Canada (even worse during the holidays). I hope you used Express?

I don't use Express ever unless specifically requested & paid for by my buyers; Priority generally will suffice. :sad:

My buyer honestly wouldn't mind the timeframe, it's just that the tracking hasn't updated in two weeks so she panicked. And rightfully so, IMO.

Customs is beyond slow, i bought a sweatshirt for my stepson with his football team logo on it, ordered it when season started, it came last week of his 8 week season

:smooch: Thank you, love.

I don't use Express ever unless specifically requested & paid for by my buyers; Priority generally will suffice. :sad:

My buyer honestly wouldn't mind the timeframe, it's just that the tracking hasn't updated in two weeks so she panicked. And rightfully so, IMO.

oooof. Unfortunately you might have screwed yourself :sad: Paypal/Ebay don't take Priority tracking as proof of delivery (since it's not 100% reliable and not everything is scanned) so the buyer could get antsy and win an INR. I always specify Express (with the Express shipping cost) on Ebay, and if an int'l buyer wants cheaper shipping, I'll make them go off-Ebay (and I refuse to downgrade shipping for the metro Toronto area, which is particularly bad in the area of losing packages)

I hope the package gets through quickly and that the buyer is honest!

oooof. Unfortunately you might have screwed yourself :sad: Paypal/Ebay don't take Priority tracking as proof of delivery (since it's not 100% reliable and not everything is scanned) so the buyer could get antsy and win an INR. I always specify Express (with the Express shipping cost) on Ebay, and if an int'l buyer wants cheaper shipping, I'll make them go off-Ebay (and I refuse to downgrade shipping for the metro Toronto area, which is particularly bad in the area of losing packages)

I hope the package gets through quickly and that the buyer is honest!

Sorry I don't think this is true.

I've never found this to be the case. And PayPal actually said priority was fine when I spoke with them today. Also off eBay makes no difference as far as PayPal is concerned. FYI my transaction was off eBay.

Sorry I don't think this is true.

I've never found this to be the case. And PayPal actually said priority was fine when I spoke with them today. Also off eBay makes no difference as far as PayPal is concerned. FYI my transaction was off eBay.

Ah, ok--well, off-Ebay is better for you then--I know for certain that Ebay will not accept anything other than Express tracking (as far as USPS services are concerned) as concrete proof of delivery in INR cases. Maybe PP relaxed their own requirements a bit though. In any case, your buyer may well need to wait until after Christmas for her package...

Ah, ok--well, off-Ebay is better for you then--I know for certain that Ebay will not accept anything other than Express tracking (as far as USPS services are concerned) as concrete proof of delivery in INR cases. Maybe PP relaxed their own requirements a bit though. In any case, your buyer may well need to wait until after Christmas for her package...

I do know that if the package doesn't at least update to delivered at some point, I'm screwed either way. :sad: