RECENT Experiences with Shining Monkey or Wilson's?

May 10, 2012
Hi all,

I have read all the threads I can find on protecting vachetta from water stains and dirt, and am trying to decide what to use to protect my new LV. I tried Wilson's protector on a tiny part of the vachetta strap and it turned darker than the rest of the strap- I was so scared I stopped right away! I read that many members have had good experiences with Shining Monkey aerosol spray but couldn't find any very recent results. Has anyone used it recently and liked it? I don't want to use loving my bags as it is a cream. I think sprays are easier.

Thanks so much!

2manybagz, do you use Wilson's spray or aerosol? An older post said not to use the spray but thats all I have. How long do you wait for it to dry? I took another look at the spot I sprayed and after 8 hours it appears to be almost blended in. Thanks again for your help!

That's really good to know, thanks. They don't make the aerosol can anymore by the way, just the spray, which is a little harder to apply as it squirts right out instead of a fine mist. Do you have trouble applying it evenly? I was wondering now whether to continue protecting my bag with Wilsons or try and buy Shining Monkey which does come in aerosol.

Queen Maria said:
LMB is great ! I know spray is much easier
than cream .. But, I've used and it work
like magic ;) I have pics if u want !

Me too! I like LMB because I make sure I cover all vachetta (even piping) so I don't have to tape up the canvas and hardware as I've seen on YouTube with sprays.