Home & Garden Recent Closet Project..

cvlshopaholic

Apr 26, 2012
I've seen so many beautiful closets on here, so many of you ladies are truly blessed to have such lovely spaces for all of your goodies. I dream of one day having a separate dressing room/closet, but at the moment I am still at home with my parents saving (or trying to anyway :P). My room is a decent size and the closet isn't bad, but it's no walk in! As I started collecting more clothes and shoes, however, things were beginning to become unorganized and overcrowded.

I ended up seeing the Rubbermaid closet system online and figured it was worth a shot. I went to Lowe's, and with the help of my mother (after about 6 hours of struggling & frustration!!) we managed to get it installed and I began rearranging my stuff. I know it isn't much, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out and wanted to share for anybody else out there with minimal storage space who is looking to get organized!

My boyfriend said initially "There's too much shoe space" and I said you've got to be kidding, there isn't nearly enough!" :lol:

before and afters..

Attachments

• IPHONE 068.JPG
    IPHONE 068.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 923
  • closet 5-001.JPG
    closet 5-001.JPG
    507.7 KB · Views: 926
  • closet 6.JPG
    closet 6.JPG
    580.1 KB · Views: 923
  • closet 7.JPG
    closet 7.JPG
    641.4 KB · Views: 914
The Rubbermaid Configurations system is awesome, isn't it? I had someone install one for me in my storage room for all my coats and I loved it. When I remodeled my bedroom last year I had it installed in there as well. I must have drawn like ten different "configurations" before settling on where to put everything.
One of these days I will get to posting pics.
Congrats on your closet makeover - it makes such a huge difference, doesn't it? Are those the pull-out drawers I spy in your picture?

Looks great!

Thanks!

The Rubbermaid Configurations system is awesome, isn't it? I had someone install one for me in my storage room for all my coats and I loved it. When I remodeled my bedroom last year I had it installed in there as well. I must have drawn like ten different "configurations" before settling on where to put everything.
One of these days I will get to posting pics.
Congrats on your closet makeover - it makes such a huge difference, doesn't it? Are those the pull-out drawers I spy in your picture?

It's great! I'd love to see photos of yours. It took me so long to figure out which way I wanted everything set up too. And yes, they are the pull out drawers, I use them for my bras and whatnot, they're awesome.

I love the pull out drawers at the bottom, they are so fun to pull in and out of :P I have an elfa system in my TX house, wish I can bring it to MI hehe. Lovely shoes collection, I suppose this system opens up a few spot for new collection? :graucho:

Love how you made so much space for your shoes but didn't have to sacrifice any hanging space at all. What a great configuration! Also adore your matching hangers.

LOVE IT. I am hoping to redo my closet this summer pending on my work situation. Looking at Ikea closet systems as I have been craving one for a few years now and I think it would add value to the house and just give me pleasure :smile:

I have to ask, is there a benefit to using velvet hangers? I've seen them but never understood what would make them better than a simple plastic hanger, other than aesthetically.

I have just changed over to those hangers and they are awesome, they slide along the railings easily because of the metal hook and they take up minimal space because the hook and velvet part are thinner than plastic... And the clothes stay put on the hanger because the velvet "grips" the clothes!!!!

Can I ask what are the dimensions of your closet? I want to have DH install closet systems in all the bedrooms, and they look about the size of your closet but I'm amazed by how much room you have for everything! It's a great configuration.

I've seen so many beautiful closets on here, so many of you ladies are truly blessed to have such lovely spaces for all of your goodies. I dream of one day having a separate dressing room/closet, but at the moment I am still at home with my parents saving (or trying to anyway :P). My room is a decent size and the closet isn't bad, but it's no walk in! As I started collecting more clothes and shoes, however, things were beginning to become unorganized and overcrowded.

I ended up seeing the Rubbermaid closet system online and figured it was worth a shot. I went to Lowe's, and with the help of my mother (after about 6 hours of struggling & frustration!!) we managed to get it installed and I began rearranging my stuff. I know it isn't much, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out and wanted to share for anybody else out there with minimal storage space who is looking to get organized!

My boyfriend said initially "There's too much shoe space" and I said you've got to be kidding, there isn't nearly enough!" :lol:

before and afters..

I have to ask, is there a benefit to using velvet hangers? I've seen them but never understood what would make them better than a simple plastic hanger, other than aesthetically.

The huggable hangers are wonderful! I could never go back to plastic or wire. Clothes stick to them, so they never slip off the hanger onto the floor. Plus they come in all kinds of fun colors!

Can I ask what are the dimensions of your closet? I want to have DH install closet systems in all the bedrooms, and they look about the size of your closet but I'm amazed by how much room you have for everything! It's a great configuration.

Thanks! Mine is just about 8' long by 2' deep I believe.