Recent Cartier Mansion 5th Ave Shopping Experience

So funny you said this, I had a really awful experience with them, however it was an order placed over the phone. I specified that I DESPERATELY needed the item by a specific date (they said they would rush it to me) because I had to be out of town for work, and it didn't come in time, and I had to cancel my work trip which was a nightmare. I called and spoke to a manager and they were semi-apologetic, but I refused to leave for work without the bracelet because FedEx hasn't made me sign for ANYTHING this past year (probably because of the pandemic) and I didn't want to leave a $7,000 piece of jewelry on my stoop for a week, unattended.

Normally I wouldn't be so upset but I talked to several people to specify how crucial the timing was, and offered to pay for express shipping and was assured it would be there on time, only to have a nightmare of a hassle trying to track down the package from Fed Ex, to find they sent it with regular shipping.
Hey Julie! I'm so sorry about your experience :sad: I stopped in Cartier 5th ave about 5 times from last July til now (less than a year) and had 1 BIG terrible experience, 1 bad experience, 3 mediocre experience... and recent one was just "okay" so that speaks "a lot" about Cartier 5th ave. I'm not even that picky about my shopping experience... Anyhow, as someone previously stated - I would definitely try Hudson Yards... However, now I finally found an "okay" SA - I am usually quite loyal... So may just shop with him again... but if you have no ties with an SA yet... I'd steer AWAYYYY from 5th ave and shop at Hudson Yards. Refer to some of the messages above...

Reactions: juliemaggio
So sorry you had this experience :yucky: I remember seeing you post here a while ago about getting your item and it's so sad that this happened. It's such an iconic store to visit and every time I have walked past it's made me feel so warm inside - so it's such a shame that this happened. Hoping you get your piece soon!

Reactions: twinzluvagrl
So funny you said this, I had a really awful experience with them, however it was an order placed over the phone. I specified that I DESPERATELY needed the item by a specific date (they said they would rush it to me) because I had to be out of town for work, and it didn't come in time, and I had to cancel my work trip which was a nightmare. I called and spoke to a manager and they were semi-apologetic, but I refused to leave for work without the bracelet because FedEx hasn't made me sign for ANYTHING this past year (probably because of the pandemic) and I didn't want to leave a $7,000 piece of jewelry on my stoop for a week, unattended.

Normally I wouldn't be so upset but I talked to several people to specify how crucial the timing was, and offered to pay for express shipping and was assured it would be there on time, only to have a nightmare of a hassle trying to track down the package from Fed Ex, to find they sent it with regular shipping.
Hope you got your item okay.

Reactions: hartwin
Thank you so much! The new SA is much better, but still can't help but wonder about Hudson Yards. Thank you so much for being so understanding. Again... not too many do understand. So happy to have a community here! :smile:
I had a nice experience at Cartier Hudson yards, but ended up buying VCA. This was some months ago when Cartier was not taking walk ins but VCA Hudson Yards was. I’m sorry to hear about your experience on your anniversary

I had a nice experience at Cartier Hudson yards, but ended up buying VCA. This was some months ago when Cartier was not taking walk ins but VCA Hudson Yards was. I’m sorry to hear about your experience on your anniversary
Thank you! I've had much better experience at VCA! My SA and experience at VCA 5th ave has always been superb! So not sure what the deal about Cartier is. I hope you enjoyed Hudson Yards!

So sorry you had this experience :yucky: I remember seeing you post here a while ago about getting your item and it's so sad that this happened. It's such an iconic store to visit and every time I have walked past it's made me feel so warm inside - so it's such a shame that this happened. Hoping you get your piece soon!
Yes! I just got it over the weekend! SA said "looks like it has always been there!" then asked "how do you feel now that you finally have it?" And I can only meekly respond, "good" LOL I think the whole experience has already tired me out. I am happy to have it though :smile: Unfortunately, that excitement and sentimental just was no longer there... which was rather unfortunate...

BUT happy to own the piece! And will enjoy it for years to come! Here's to finding new pieces to love and hoping for a better shopping experience next time around! *fingers crossed*

Reactions: jaskg144
I am also a bit disappointed by Cartier’s customer service. I received an online order this week. Have called the customer service center for two days without any success. It seems nobody is there. Nobody replied emails either. Last year they agreed twice that they will send travel pouches to me. Nothing showed up. VCA sent me a necklace travel pouches within 2 days! Really wish Cartier can do better. I do love each piece. So I can tolerate the quality of service.

Thank you! I've had much better experience at VCA! My SA and experience at VCA 5th ave has always been superb! So not sure what the deal about Cartier is. I hope you enjoyed Hudson Yards!

Yes! I just got it over the weekend! SA said "looks like it has always been there!" then asked "how do you feel now that you finally have it?" And I can only meekly respond, "good" LOL I think the whole experience has already tired me out. I am happy to have it though :smile: Unfortunately, that excitement and sentimental just was no longer there... which was rather unfortunate...

BUT happy to own the piece! And will enjoy it for years to come! Here's to finding new pieces to love and hoping for a better shopping experience next time around! *fingers crossed*
Can we see pics?

I am also a bit disappointed by Cartier’s customer service. I received an online order this week. Have called the customer service center for two days without any success. It seems nobody is there. Nobody replied emails either. Last year they agreed twice that they will send travel pouches to me. Nothing showed up. VCA sent me a necklace travel pouches within 2 days! Really wish Cartier can do better. I do love each piece. So I can tolerate the quality of service.
Yeah I feel you on this! :sad: Not sure why there's such a big difference, especially since they still have the same parent company. Anyhow, I hope they send you those travel pouches soon. Good luck!