Receiving free samples***

abbygirl

O.G.
Oct 22, 2006
I love getting free samples in the mail but..............

I received a really nice looking box in the mail the other day. It didn't have anything on the front but just one word. The box was a dark purple and black box. I thought yummy, some nice chocolates. I didn't open them at the time because I really wanted to wait and eat them when I was really craving something chocolate.

So I waited a few days and my mouth started salivating for these scrumptous chocolates. You know when you are getting ready to start your period and you just HAVE TO HAVE that chocolate?

So I tear open the box, and it's CAT FOOD in a can. I couldn't believe my eyes. I don't own a cat.

My husband and son just could not stop laughing because they saw that disappointed look all over my face.:sad:

So I went to McDonalds and had a nice hot fudge sundae. :angel:

Any one else receive a sample and it wasn't what you thought?

Oh no!! Haha! I love samples too (I even got a free sleeping bag last year) but I don't think I've ever gotten something that fooled me like that! What a disappointment! Kinda like the time when I was in high school and I'd been craving homemade pizza, spent all afternoon one weekend making it, and when I bit into it, realized I'd mistaken the frozen coconut in the freezer for the mozzarella! It's like a slap in the face!

Haha that's awful! My most similar story is that at a wedding, they gave out these things in little packets wrapped up in a bow that looked exactly like Mini Eggs (I don't think you have them anywhere except for the UK - they are milk chocolate eggs covered in a hard sugar coating), they turned out to be sugared almonds :yucky: I was so disappointed...

I had a friend that gave out, at her wedding, little soaps in the shapes of seashells and starfish.

They looked just like white chocolate, and they had a faint sugary scent.

I didn't bite into one, but my boyfriend did. It was hilarious.

:roflmfao:

Im a super sample whore lmao! I ALWAYS get samples, and lately I've been getting things like baby formula...I dont have a baby!

But one time, I was expecting some Dove samples for my MIL and I received 2 white box in the mail, thought it was the samples and didnt bother to open it. About 2 hours after I dropped them off at my MIL's house she called me and said, "Why did you bring me CONDOMS??" lmfao!!

Im a super sample whore lmao! I ALWAYS get samples, and lately I've been getting things like baby formula...I dont have a baby!

But one time, I was expecting some Dove samples for my MIL and I received 2 white box in the mail, thought it was the samples and didnt bother to open it. About 2 hours after I dropped them off at my MIL's house she called me and said, "Why did you bring me CONDOMS??" lmfao!!
:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I seem to get a lot of Fiber One products and coupons. Maybe they know something about me that I don't, lol! I hate Fiber One stuff too. I've also gotten canned dog food from Cesar too.

no fun free samples for me in the mail :tdown:. but i do remember that when lush was having it's buy one get one free event i stocked up on some buffy bath bars which i guess kind of look like bars of chocolate with bits of nuts. i'd had them out in the hallway in the lush paper bags, but noticed they'd disappeared. i asked my mother about them and she said she'd brought them down to the kitchen to eat later :lol:. she has no idea what lush is and was apparently saving them as a treat for later on :P.

Hmm, none that I can think of.
Funny story though!

I do get annoyed though when you sent away for a "free deluxe sample" of perfume and it's just a card with a mini wet wipe of perfume on it.
Some are really nice and give away mini bottles (nice to keep in your makeup bag for going out!) but to me, a "deluxe sample" is not something that I can get as an insert in a magazine.

I get free samples of things I don't need like suntan-colored pantyhose and maxi-pads, LOL. A free sample of catfood would be nice but wouldn't go far with 7 hungry mouths to feed! ROFLMAO at the mental image I get of your disappointed look when you discover the package doesn't contain chocolates!

These stories are funny. I was once promised a deluxe box of goodies and received the package in the mail, empty...the intern had forgotten to put anything in all the boxes sent out that week. Just addressed them and shipped them out :smile:

OMFG that was hilarious!!!