Received Scratched Bag from Selfridges

simpurseforum

Sep 24, 2016
Hi Everyone!
I just received the Balenciaga Souvenir Bag in green plaid from Selfridges and there's scratches all over it! I'm so gutted!! I immediately emailed Selfridges pictures of it, but I'm not sure what to expect. As I'm going through the forum, it seems like this isn't a uncommon occurrence with them. Has anyone been in a similar situation before or have any advice on what to do?

Attachments

• IMG_8375.jpeg
    IMG_8375.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_8376.jpeg
    IMG_8376.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_8377.jpeg
    IMG_8377.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_8378.jpeg
    IMG_8378.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 286
Hi Everyone!
I just received the Balenciaga Souvenir Bag in green plaid from Selfridges and there's scratches all over it! I'm so gutted!! I immediately emailed Selfridges pictures of it, but I'm not sure what to expect. As I'm going through the forum, it seems like this isn't a uncommon occurrence with them. Has anyone been in a similar situation before or have any advice on what to do?
Its a reputable store, if you're unhappy you shouldn't have any problem returning it.

I recently read this thread about someone who bought a Mulberry bag from Selfridges: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/mulberry-at-selfridges.990707/

They wanted to return it but Selfridges wouldn't accept to return and refund. There are also lots of negative reviews about Selfridges online service on their Facebook.

I would proceed to return it first and see what they say, and keep these photos as proof. Hopefully you will get your money back quickly!

That sucks. I had the same thing happen with Saks 5th Avenue. I am almost positive they tried to sell me the floor model thinking I was an idiot. It did not get damaged during shipping as the chain was stored inside the bag. It had to have been scratched to hell before they ever packaged it up. The first and last time I ever shopped online at Saks. I called and complained and they had no problem accepting the bag back for a refund. I looked up the CS online and found multiple complaints about slow processing of returns so people would sometimes have to wait several weeks for their refund. Since I was going to visit family the next day and would be passing a city with a Saks, I just opted to return to an actual store so I could get an immediate refund. The guy who accepted the bag seemed very embarrassed when he saw the state of this 'new' bag. I would suggest looking online to see how long it took others to get refunds from Selfridges. If it is a quick process, totally mail it back and make sure that they know they are responsible for shipping fees as it was a defective item. If they have a slow return/refund process, I would think about returning it directly to the store if at all possible.