Received my so black boy but worst fears about this bag realised.

Amy.Miu

O.G.
Dec 12, 2009
I was so excited to receive this baby in the post today. On first glance it's a stunner. The leather has just the right amount of shine to it. The chain has that gorgeous bubble glow.

View attachment 3651971

View attachment 3651972

However my heart completely sunk when I saw that my so black boy wasn't so perfect. I hadn't seen this bag in person so upon inspection, all my worst fears about this bag were in front of me.

First of all there's a huge crease down one side of the bag which makes me question its robustness in comparison to my classic caviar flap. I know that lambskin isn't expected to be as resilient as caviar but I was hoping this grained version would fare better. This is a new unworn bag so how will it hold up after a few wears.

Bad side...
View attachment 3651973

Good side...
View attachment 3651974

I've read about issues with chipping with the so blacks from 2015... I have one myself and haven't had any problems so far. But looking closely at my new boy I can already see some chipping. I've had this bag for one hour, I'm so disappointed!

View attachment 3651975

I do love this bag so much. It's my ultimate dream bag. I contacted the boutique and luckily they have another one That i can exchange it for but the long term issues really worry me! Have any other so black boy owners experienced the same? I'm hoping the one in the boutique is perfect as the SAsaid it's fresh from Paris.

Here's a mod shot...
View attachment 3651976

I wish we could see the images of the flaws on your so-black Boy. Please do try to re-post and-or circle where you are experiencing chipping/peeling. I sincerely appreciate your bringing this to our attention. However, so far, no images have been posted to support these claims. Please keep us posted. :flowers:

I can see your pictures. I'd cry if one side was perfect like that and the other was wrinkled like the bad side looks[emoji22]. So sorry you had a Friday excitement let down. I have no experience with so black anything, but if you're really concerned even after looking at the other one maybe you should just return and wait on something else that you won't worry about. The so black boys are stunning but I hate worrying about known defects because they're a crap shoot. Maybe it happens, hopefully it won't.

I can see the images when I click on the attachment (I'm on the app)
The crease would bother me considering it's on one side only!
I can't really see the chips but that could just be the photos.
Speak with your SA and ask for an exchange. Ask for a full inspection before send off too so you don't have this happen again when you receive another one. Good luck

Reactions: MissFluffyCat
Yikes, that chipping does look bad. I wonder if it just got damaged with manufacturing/shipping and got overlooked? I remember with the 16k chevron aged calf so black reissue, a few members had purchased a bag that was already chipped without realizing it, but there didn't seem to be any problems after the fact that I remember ( no chipping occurred with use, just came already chipped). I am glad you were able to exchange it and hopefully your next one is perfect.