Received my Sabrina....oh boy!

ashdir103104

10-31-04 <3
Dec 18, 2007
I received my Sabrina that I won on the bay today and it is filthy!!!! I won it really cheap but the dirt was not disclosed at all. Here is the message I sent the seller:
Hi, just got my bag thanks for the fast shipping but honestly you need to disclose the condition of an item in your auctions. The inside is disgusting. It is covered in makeup, pen marks and hair. Also the front emblem, the finish is coming off. I would like to keep the bag but I would have never of bid as much as I did if I had known all the flaws the bag has. Would you consider a partial refund? Thanks

Here is the message back (it made me laugh):
i am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the condition of the bag, however, those are the risks you take when you purchase a used item. Although i did not disclose the specific "flaws" of the bag, i did mention that it has been worn! Being that the bidding price did not meet half of the original price and shipping was free, i cannot give a refund of any sort! Again, sorry for your unsatisfaction.

My solution, I am going to try to clean it and if it can't be cleaned I will open up a SNAD through Paypal because this is ridiculous. When did it become okay for you not to disclose the condition of an item? I am just amazed by this seller right now. Leave negative feedback right? Sellers can't leave negative for buyers right?

I received my Sabrina that I won on the bay today and it is filthy!!!! I won it really cheap but the dirt was not disclosed at all. Here is the message I sent the seller:
Hi, just got my bag thanks for the fast shipping but honestly you need to disclose the condition of an item in your auctions. The inside is disgusting. It is covered in makeup, pen marks and hair. Also the front emblem, the finish is coming off. I would like to keep the bag but I would have never of bid as much as I did if I had known all the flaws the bag has. Would you consider a partial refund? Thanks

Here is the message back (it made me laugh):
i am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the condition of the bag, however, those are the risks you take when you purchase a used item. Although i did not disclose the specific "flaws" of the bag, i did mention that it has been worn! Being that the bidding price did not meet half of the original price and shipping was free, i cannot give a refund of any sort! Again, sorry for your unsatisfaction.

My solution, I am going to try to clean it and if it can't be cleaned I will open up a SNAD through Paypal because this is ridiculous. When did it become okay for you not to disclose the condition of an item? I am just amazed by this seller right now. Leave negative feedback right? Sellers can't leave negative for buyers right?

I had the same issue months ago with a D&B bag - Well - I opened a claim with Paypal and I returned the nasty bag and got my money bag - I would suggest you contact them and find you another Sabrina

you may want to consider filing with paypal and returning the bag instead of trying to clean it. once you alter it, i think that would impact your outcome with paypal. jmho. good luck!

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Absolutely file a claim with PayPal and save your time and energy cleaning the purse. There are tons of Sabrinas on EBay these days and I've seen brand new ones go for about 60% of retail price, which is pretty decent if you can't get to an outlet. There are still more Sabrinas going to the outlets. Just got a call last night from a nice SA from my outlet that she's putting a small coral op art and a black on hold for me because I kept asking about sabrinas every time I went to the outlet!

Ashdir... I would file the SNAD claim, take pictures of the bag's condition and wait to see what PP says... I would not bother cleaning.. You do not want to jeapordize your claim....

DisneyFun... A BLACK Sabrina...??? I would LOVE to find a Black Sabrina at the Outlet.... wow... LUCKY.....

HI,
I have had same issue.
U should probably file snad claim and not clean it, I think once you clean it you may not get money back. IMHO, not sure though.
Get your money back and get another,
I just got a used steel sabrina from the bay and it is honestly like it just came from the store. still smells new. No flaws at all....
Wish it were the case for you.
So Sorry about this.
That bites....argh...
Hang in there and do what you feel you need to do though.

OK- I just found the thread where you listed the auction - OK there is a difference in the bag was been worn 8 times and wear.

She listed the bag as VERY GOOD Condition - which is false -

honey file a claim and hurry b/c it takes a long time and keep all your emails from her

I too bought a carried/worn/used Sabrina.. the Seller was very honest about the condition, stating it had been carried, had come color rub off, and slight wearing at the corners (this is a Pale Pink Leather Sabrina)...

Well.. when she arrived... the Seller had NOT been HONEST at all... the Sabrina was in PERFECT CONDITION.... In fact, I had seen a Pale Pink Leather Sabrina at the Outlet the night before mine arrived.... $358.00 minus 30% so that would come to.. @$251 .. and even if you take 20% more off for a coupon... $201 ...

I paid.. $160.00 and.. Mine was in MUCH BETTER CONDITION than the one on the shelf at the Outlet.... Mine is PERFECT... The Seller was being honest (of course, telling me it was carried) but I could see NONE of what she warned me about.. I was MORE than PLEASED..... This Sabrina was one of my BEST purchases ever!!!!!

So, bottom line, some Sellers are Honest and Trustworthy.,... Others are just lying peices of sh*t trying to make a buck and not caring....

Sorry this happend to you! I'm having the same issue. I haven't received a response yet from my seller.

I think you should file the claim through PayPal b/c it sounds like she will not cooperate.

Good Luck!

Ok, that's utterly disgusting :Push: Definitely try to get your money back...not only was the item not as described but the seller's attitude when you tried to get a partial refund was horrendous...sheesh!