Received my new Aqua Mabel and

rachiem

O.G.
Sep 7, 2007
I love it.
It was very well packed and has no markings, I must admit the leather is a lot stiffer than my Midnight Mabel but I bought that used, so I imagine it will wear the same way??
Saying that although I love it I feel really guilty about spending so much, my biggest purchase to date!!
Do I ignore the guilt and enjoy it or put it in my wardrobe until my birthday in July, but then most of the summer will be gone or bite the bullitt and return it as I still have a rose Agyness and a red Mabel sat unused in my wardrobe??
It's a lovely bag but I'm having trouble justifying the price!!

Oooh buyer's regret, that's always a hard thing to deal with!
I now work on the premis that if I have even the slightest twinge of regret or uncertainty, back it goes.
Get those other bags out & use them instead - sounds as if you're not too sure about aqua Mabel.
I'm very envious of your red Mabel, I really want one!

Awww Rachie - sorry your having a dilema. I say use it and love it and justify it that you let your Indigo E/W Bays go to get it.

How about this for justification: Well red is more of a winter colour so doesn't have to be used just yet, and rose is a summer colour so once the sun is out you can alternate between Aqua Mabel and Rose Agyness

Have it as your birthday present as if you wait you may never get one. Red is more winter but the aqua will go with colours that your rose mabel wont. I say keep it if you love her .Post modeling pics.......

Riffraff, that's just given me an idea!!
I'm going to keep the Aqua Mabel and use it for a summer bag with my Agyness as suggested....
But I will keep the red Mabel for my birthday present at the end of July!!

I now have for winter..

Midnight Mabel
Red medium Mabel
Gunmetal Agyness

Summer bags..

Aqua Mabel
Rose Agyness

Occassional bags

Magenta Hanover
Small red Mabel.

I just hope that another nice bag doesn't come along as I just can't say no!!

I'm pleased you like it, rachie :tup:and I'm delighted that you appear to have been sent a perfect one. Mine wasn't stiff at all so I imagine that perhaps it has been tried on a bit in someone else home.

However, if you don't love it enough to want to use it straightaway, hmmmmm, perhaps it's not for you. Personally, I don't think it's a summer bag - the colour is more teal, imho, and so is better suited to autumn/winter/spring than the height of summer. But then you've got midnight Mabel for that season......

Remember, you've bought this one full price so if you go off it and end up selling it in a few months, you'll take a really big hit.

Post modelling pics and we'll help you decide :yes:

ETA oops, cross post. Looks like you've made your decision - just ignore me!

I think I'm hoping for everyone to tell me to keep it, then I can justify the expense!!
Ditab, the bag was padded out to within an inch of it's life, the leather is stiff and I'm 100% sure it's not been used...I'm sure you bummed out and received a return?
To tell you the truth, if I wasn't a member of this Forum, I don't think I would have half the bags I have now.....
Perhaps we should stop posting all these great pictures.......

I think I'm hoping for everyone to tell me to keep it, then I can justify the expense!!
Ditab, the bag was padded out to within an inch of it's life, the leather is stiff and I'm 100% sure it's not been used...I'm sure you bummed out and received a return?

Mine was padded out but when I removed the padding it collapsed into itself and really didn't retain the shape. Which is exactly how you want the bag to age - but not how you want to buy it (unless you're getting it second hand or whatever).

If you want to be talked into keeping a bag, you've come to the right place :roflmfao: kroquet will be along to enable you any minute now :lol:

Hahahha!! Sod the guilt!!! I currently have erm,four bags I have'nt used yet!!!! Keep it and enjoy at your leisure!! And happy birthday............early,but thats what the new bags for isn't it???!!:graucho:

Mine was padded out but when I removed the padding it collapsed into itself and really didn't retain the shape. Which is exactly how you want the bag to age - but not how you want to buy it (unless you're getting it second hand or whatever).

If you want to be talked into keeping a bag, you've come to the right place :roflmfao: kroquet will be along to enable you any minute now :lol:

OMG!!! Too funny!!!!:lol::nuts: