Received my Monty Pm and large white mark on it!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey all,
    Ok. I just got a Monty PM on Ebay. Did a buy it now. The description said is was basically in perfect condition with only some minor scratches on the back.
    Well, I just got the bag about 20 minutes ago.
    The first thing I noticed when I pulled the bag out of the box, was this large white mark on the bottom front of the bag. I tried to just wipe it off with my finger with no luck. I immediately wrote the seller and she says that in her pictures there was no white mark.
    The problem is that her picture shows a pic of the bottom taken when it was on it's backside, so you can't see it in her pics. It's on the bottom front (almost on the front, yiks!)
    I sent her pics with no word back yet.
    How can sellers miss such BIG defects? And then basically saying that I'm making this up! Why in the earth would I waste time doing that? UGH! I'm a mom of 2 and too busy to make mark's on my brand new Louie bag!! Again, why would she think I would make this up?
    I just asked if she could refund some of my money.
    Is that fair? What should I do?
    UGHHHHHHH! It's ALWAYS something!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks all! :sad:

2. Here's a pic...[​IMG]

3. I can't see your picture, but the canvas can get a white transfer mark if it brushes against a painted wall or something. A damp sponge and some light scrubbing gets it off immediately for me. Good luck!

4. I've had those pesky white transfer marks before, sometimes I don't even know WHERE they come from. I use light pressure from a magic eraser that gets it off. It works pretty good. So sorry this happened to you. The seller DEFINITELY should have told you about it. I don't know how she could have missed it!

5. Any response from the seller?

6. UPDATE:

I got it off!! YEAH! Just some elbow grease and a baby wipe..PHEW!!!!!
    Thanks for asking and caring!!!:wlae:

7. Glad you worked it out.

8. Happy to hear that.

9. Glad to hear you got it off! Are you still okay with the size?

10. glad you managed to get the mark off...congrats on your bag

11. I'm so glad an ebay catastrophe was averted!!!:smile:. Congrats on your new Monty!

12. Bout to try this solution on my damier ebene luggage...been wondering about this for a while, thanks again ladies

13. glad this was fixed successfully! BEST OF LUCK AND ENJOY!

14. happy for ya ?

15. Actually sold it! It was a tad too small for me and the straps weren't long enough. Trying the Neverfull MM. We'll see!!!:sweatdrop: