Received my I'm Not A Plastic Bag - US

Im surprised that w/the popularity of the INAPB, that other designers haven't come out w/their versions yet. Esp considering the fact that these sold out before they readily became available.

Maybe it won't be long, and we'll have other styles/sizes to choose from. I think it's a really good idea, esp in this day & age. This is such a HOT issue right now, it's the perfect time for designers to hop on the band wagon & make a difference. Esp if they're priced right - just think of how many people would jump at the chance to own a "designer" bag if the price was right - and one that saves the environment at the same time? Brilliant!

Many places, the world over, have been using "market bags" for years. In Mexico, the ubiquitous plastic market bag is bought once and used for years when you go to market. They are now considered "chic" and sold in boutiques in New York for 500 times what you can buy them for in Mexico. Same goes for the famous string bag in France, the bag made entirely out of string, that you can put in your purse and pull out when you go to market, and that expands with your purchases. So, ladies, be creative and get the right bag for you. I, for one, will pick up a string bag in Paris this summer. I like that it is so tiny when not in use that you can tuck it into your purse or car.

I think I might be the only person who expected the tote to be the size that it is. I got mine on Friday (I called the AH store in Short Hills a few months ago and ordered only one...now I wish that I had ordered two). I'm pretty pleased with it.

I think I might be the only person who expected the tote to be the size that it is. I got mine on Friday (I called the AH store in Short Hills a few months ago and ordered only one...now I wish that I had ordered two). I'm pretty pleased with it.

Hmmm....I haven't received mine, yet, but I hope to get mine sometime this week. Just like you, SuLi, I ordered mine about 2 months ago. *sigh* Will let everyone know when I do and what I think of it...

Meanwhile, there's a site dedicated to recyclable/reusable grocery bag -- http://www.reusablebags.com/ -- just in case you're interested and aren't particular that they're not designer ones...

I was the 400ish-th person on the waiting list in Singapore but just got the information that they will only be bringing in 200 pieces. Sigh, I have no chance to get the bag.

^^^ Tabbie, if you still want it, maybe you can try to order it from Jakarta !!! Call them and maybe you can asked them to ship the bags for you. I've just put my deposit yesterday, and the SA said it was only 25 people signed up for the bags. I dont know how much their quota, but if each people signed up for 2 (two) bags, means only 50 (fifty) bags max sold, so maybe you still can get it from there !!!!!!!!!!

Bitty Monkey, mmm, would you please model the bags for us?

Vogue had an article about these kinds of grocery bags. Other designers are making them, but they are asking for several hundred dollars for them...

A friend of mine in Canada is trying to get one of these for me today.

lol any kinda soul to get a CP from Jakarta pretty pls ..keke

Birki, the stores is ON PEDDER Jakarta, their contacted number is (+6221) 319 27853.

I dont know whether they can ship the bag to you or not, coz i dont know how they will accept payment from foreign country :confused1:, but .... try wont hurt, hurry, try to contact them !!!!!!!!!!

Argh! I was on the email list to be notofied when these became available- of course I got no notice. I guess I should call to see if there are any left....

Same here. I signed up to be notified and they never did. I actually saw fake ones being sold in london at one of those stands were you can buy knock-off bags :cursing: