Received my holy grail in the mail today but...

SpeedyLady37

Sep 26, 2013
But there are obvious scratches on the CC turn lock and black tarnishing on the grommets on the inside of the flap. It's the classic jumbo in caviar, gold hardware. I got it for $5000, pre-owned. This is the 20 series, so it was produced just last year.

What do you guys think?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452911163.789041.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452911171.755912.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452911181.225710.jpg

OMG!! I returned 2 to NM last year because of similar issues. The first one had black spots on one of the outside grommets. SA seemed to think I was being picky but understood it wasn't perfect. I had to wait months to get the first bag btw.

Then I had to go back on the list again to get another to replace it (?? I know, doesn't make sense). Then it had leather scraped badly on the side and was less black in that same spot. This bag was still wrapped in the tissue from their shipment. I gave up and ended up buying one pre-owned from Fashiophile for much less than I paid brand new+tax. It has nothing wrong at all so I finally got my HG! I say return and try again or buy pre-owned. The quality for the black with ghw is appalling lately 😤😠

OMG!! I returned 2 to NM last year because of similar issues. The first one had black spots on one of the outside grommets. SA seemed to think I was being picky but understood it wasn't perfect. I had to wait months to get the first bag btw.

Then I had to go back on the list again to get another to replace it (?? I know, doesn't make sense). Then it had leather scraped badly on the side and was less black in that same spot. This bag was still wrapped in the tissue from their shipment. I gave up and ended up buying one pre-owned from Fashiophile for much less than I paid brand new+tax. It has nothing wrong at all so I finally got my HG! I say return and try again or buy pre-owned. The quality for the black with ghw is appalling lately [emoji36][emoji34]

Oh wow! Can't believe this would be an issue for bags right out of the boutique! Well that's good to know - at least this doesn't feel as unfair as if it was due to overuse! Good that you were able to get one from FP for a good price. I purchased this for FP too, with layaway. If I were to return I would need to pay the 10% fee, which would suck 🙁

if the item was misrepresentated, meaning that the flaws were not disclosed nor seen in the photos of the listing, you should report that to FP and you should not be charged the restocking fee.

Then I had to go back on the list again to get another to replace it (?? I know, doesn't make sense). Then it had leather scraped badly on the side and was less black in that same spot. This bag was still wrapped in the tissue from their shipment. I gave up and ended up buying one pre-owned from Fashiophile for much less than I paid brand new+tax. It has nothing wrong at all so I finally got my HG! I say return and try again or buy pre-owned. The quality for the black with ghw is appalling lately [emoji36][emoji34]

Agreed, had similar experience.

I emailed them and am waiting for a reply. Thanks for suggesting!

I'll give it a try later! But I read that toothpaste is abrasive? Have you tried it?

also, maybe they could offer u a discount? it may be worth it to try removing a bit n see if the toothpaste works. if u get a discount n the toothpaste works, then it may be worth it for u to keep it.

on the otherhand, if u don't already have a Saks store card, it would be better to find one at Saks, open a Saks store card and buy the jumbo as your first purchase and get 10% off, and also find it with an SA who can do giftsend for u so that u don't have to pay sales tax. In this way, a brand new one would only cost u $4950, and you get the peace of mind of having bought it at Saks with a receipt, given the new Chanel repair policies.

yea I would go back and see if they mentioned it , if not that is something that should be mentioned. $5000 is not that much less than retail so I would not keep it like that. If they did mention it then your choice is to live with it or go to a Chanel boutique to have the cc and grommet changed (it will be about $100 but since it is a fairly new bag they might do it for free)
But then you are 5100 dollars into a used bag which sucks. Sorry about your experience. Good luck.

Yep, I have done it on so many hardwares of so many different brands. Exactly, it is slightly abrasive so it takes away the tarnishing without scraping off the gold plating. Trust me it works!

oh wow! I just tried it, it looks brand new again! Thanks so much!

Now is there a way to polish up the CC turn lock removing the scratches? :P