Received fakes - now what?

I know that when I file an item not received I get the option of communicating with the seller before choosing to escalate to a claim, does it work the same way when filing a SNAD? I'm afraid that if I press the "continue" button I'll automatically file a claim, which isn't what I want since the seller is being cooperative -I just want her promise to refund me to be saved by PP so that she can't go back on it.

I'm communicating through PP now. Do I ship the shoes back to the same address as is on the return label on the box, or should I have her confirm what address she wants them returned to in the message box on PP, so that she can't say I shipped them to the wrong place? (I have no reason to believe that she would do that, but I've heard enough horror stories to be skeptical of ebay.

On a different note entirely: I just bought another pair of shoes (from a different seller) and the item page says "Your payment is being processed by PayPal. Remember, your item will be shipped to you after your payment is complete." and when I go to PP it says it's unclaimed and that I still have the option of canceling it. Doesn't the payment usually get sent to the seller automatically? What's different this time? Does the seller have to approve all payments first ? :shrugs:

^Is it a new seller? It may be that they've not yet upgraded to premier account, which I think you need to do to accept credit card payments.

Oh... The seller has a little less than 100 feedbacks. Maybe she wont accept credit card payments?? :shrugs: She has the PP logo with pictures of most major credit card logos on her auction page. I'm confused, if she wont accept my cc payment then I don't know how to pay her (she's in France) Western Union etc. is a pita compared to PP, plus I'll be the one having to pay the fees.

Also, ask the seller nicely to cover full or partially return shipping fee. Tell her you'll be nice enough to close this transaction via Mutual Withdrawal agreement if she does. Otherwise, don't close Mutual Withdrawal - it's the only thing that seller might still want from you. FVF is not that cheap either.

Also, ask the seller nicely to cover full or partially return shipping fee. Tell her you'll be nice enough to close this transaction via Mutual Withdrawal agreement if she does. Otherwise, don't close Mutual Withdrawal - it's the only thing that seller might still want from you. FVF is not that cheap either.

I'm worried that if I ask it'll anger the seller :s I just checked return shipping fees for 1 kilo and it's $63.31, according to my bank's currency calculator (the tracking info said that the package is 1 kilo, I haven't weighed it to check yet) Most US sellers don't get that the price level of things are much higher here, and I don't have the energy to argue with her about shipping charges (there is only one shipping service here (small country) so if I want a tracking number for the package, shipping it this way is my only option. I could ship without a tracking number for $30.63, but I wont risk that. Maybe I should ask the seller for $30?)

Well, get your refund first and then she'll send you a request to get her fees back- at that point you'll have nothing to lose. By the way, is there a Registered Mail service? That's usually the cheapest way to get a signature and have it delivered safely.

Well, get your refund first and then she'll send you a request to get her fees back- at that point you'll have nothing to lose. By the way, is there a Registered Mail service? That's usually the cheapest way to get a signature and have it delivered safely.

I just checked, and it's an extra $13.27 to send it registered so that the seller has to sign for it (in addition to the $30.63, but then you don't get a tracking number. If I want proof that the seller received the package sent back to me, it's an extra $8.17 on top of that, which would make it approx. $52) Would that be a better option than getting a tracking number? I think they require a signature to release the package when I send it with a tracking number, and the tracking number can be sent directly to PP in case something should go wrong. If I just get the registered/signed for then I'll just get a form that the seller has to sign, that I'll have to scan before I can show it to PP, should that be necessary.

Oy, I'm almost confusing myself here :P
I asked the seller what about the return shipping fees, we'll see what she says.