Received FAKE: ship back to seller OR wait until after 10 day period to file dispute?

TresChic35

The Newbie?
Aug 13, 2007
I am so embarrassed that I purchased a fake item off of Ebay...so very embarrassed!

Anyways, I thought the seller was kind of fishy since she said that she will no longer be using her current account and will be on another ebay account to sell temporarily. She shipped the item out and I just received it last Friday. I just contacted her for a refund and even asked if she could cover the costs of shipping back to her because it was unfair of her to sell me a fake. We'll see if she responds.

Stupid me, I threw away the box that she had used to ship to me, so I ended up losing the address that it came with. So what do I do now? Ughh...this is so frustrating because I'm already so busy as it is and I do not need any of this fake nonsense! :cursing::Push::crybaby:

klow-chloe'

Jul 6, 2008
Sorry to hear that it's happened to you. I no mean an expert but I think you should wait for 10 days and file the claim. What happen if you send back the item but the seller is not refund you. Good luck I hope you get your money back

TresChic35

The Newbie?
Aug 13, 2007
Thanks everyone for your help! I guess it is safer to wait to file a claim.

However, the seller responded back saying that I should return the item immediately and that she will pay for any expenses with the shipping. She also said that she received a stock of items from NY that didn't know that they were fake and that she's going to return all of her stock to the seller. What a freaking lier. When I asked how she got the item, she said her friend got her an employee discount at the store. ARgghh!!!!

I'm not even sure if its a "SHE" because her username is a very girly childish name, but I had the Paypal $ go to some man's name. Wow...

classicsgirl

Bag Lover Downunder
Feb 6, 2008
File a claim, get proof it's a fake from caroldiva or the like and then if Paypal asks you to send it back, tell them iit's illegal to send counterfeit items in the US mail and sign a stat dec declaring you've destroyed it instead. Serves the seller right!