Received fake item from seller

deltalady

O.G.
Oct 25, 2011
This is my first time having this issue with eBay and I am not sure what to do. I recently purchased a pair of Prada sunglasses from the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet and they were out of Prada cases so I ordered a Prada case from ebay from a seller who claimed it was authentic. I received it today and it is clearly a fake. The seller accepts returns however I don't want to return this to them so they can sell it to another party. What should I do? I also paid with PayPal for this purchase. I have not opened a case yet or contacted the seller. I want to wait on the experts advice.

Last edited:
This is my first time having this issue with eBay and I am not sure what to do. I recently purchased a pair of Prada sunglasses from the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet and they were out of Prada cases so I ordered a Prada case from ebay from a seller who claimed it was authentic. I received it today and it is clearly a fake. The seller accepts returns however I don't want to return this to them so they can sell it to another party. What should I do? I also paid with PayPal for this purchase. I have not opened a case yet or contacted the seller. I want to wait on the experts advice.

I understand your reasoning, but it's much better to just return them to the seller and get a refund.

Most times eBay and PP will ask you to return the item anyway, and I'm not a big fan of people keeping items and their money (regardless of circumstances). The more that this happens - even in cases of legitimate counterfeit items - the more easy it makes it for dishonest buyers to scam sellers out of their money and property.

^Agree 100% on all points.

Take the recourse that eBay offers, which is a return for refund. If you want to be vigilant and see it posted for sale again, report it as a counterfeit.

^Agree 100%. Take the recourse that eBay offers, which is a return for refund. If you want to be vigilant and see it posted for sale again, report it as a counterfeit.

I understand your reasoning, but it's much better to just return them to the seller and get a refund.

Most times eBay and PP will ask you to return the item anyway, and I'm not a big fan of people keeping items and their money (regardless of circumstances). The more that this happens - even in cases of legitimate counterfeit items - the more easy it makes it for dishonest buyers to scam sellers out of their money and property.

Thank you ladies! I will return it and lookout for it to be relisted and report it!

Thanks again for the advice. I have initiated the return.
You have 90 days to leave feedback. If the seller never relists the item, I suggest you not leave feedback. But if she relists after knowing that you returned it because it's fake, she'll have earned a neg.