Received "dream" b-bag; not thrilled. Please help!

Soz for ya predicament!

I'd go with keeping the rouge, and letting go of your bordeaux, since you're not totally in love with it. Free up your money so that you can snag another bordeaux city when it pops up, and let this baby go to someone else who would appreciate the brown undertones more. :yes:

that bordeaux does look a tad browner than most. i've noticed the 05 bordeaux sometimes varies in how saturated the leather is with the dye, at least in my experience. even the leather distressing can vary quite a bit.
here are pictures of the bordeaux twiggy and box side-by-side with and without flash:

i'd keep your rouge city and try to find another redder bordeaux if you already find yourself questioning it... a dream bag is supposed to be perfect!

Attachments

• bordeaux flash.jpg
    bordeaux flash.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 50
  • bordeaux side by side.jpg
    bordeaux side by side.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 42
Hmmm, sorry about your dilemma. I have an '05 bordeaux City and it has no brown in it...it's a deep purply burgundy red which I loooove. If you don't love it, definitely don't keep it! Your rouge is gorgeous! Every woman needs a true red handbag!

Keep the one you love most in all honesty :smile: to me it seems that you love your rouge so best to stay on the safe side.
the other bag is a beautiful color too though!

It really could be a different shade but then B-bags' colors are so difficult to capture as we all know. I doubt you can return a bag just coz the color is not what you expected, but if the seller indeed made a mistake with the correct color name, then you may be able to return it (wrong representation and all that). So now you have to make sure whether it's Bordeaux or Grenat....

I have a bordeaux City, and the colour of yours looks right on my screen. I would describe bordeaux as being a deep wine colour--a tiny bit purple-y rather than brown. I love bordeaux, but it's a matter of personal taste.

You should definitely keep only the colours that you love--if Bordeaux isn't doing it for you, move on.