Received damaged Speedy (mif)

Queensmama

Aug 2, 2018
Happy Tuesday all! I have been stalking a classic speedy 30 in mono and finally got one! Upon inspection I saw a tear in the leather handle and was heartbroken, as the bag was mif and i really don’t want to return it and wait for another one to come in stock and risk it being made in us/Spain. first world problems, I know. Any recommendations/ experience outside of just returning the bag? Will they replace just the handle and return this bag to me? Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• 0696C706-5306-4240-929F-AB738A42693B.jpeg
    0696C706-5306-4240-929F-AB738A42693B.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 273
Looks like it was nicked by the box cutter....sorry. I know i'd want to keep the MIF one. Hopefully there's store near you so u can just exchange it for a perfect one. Good luck

Reactions: Queensmama
Happy Tuesday all! I have been stalking a classic speedy 30 in mono and finally got one! Upon inspection I saw a tear in the leather handle and was heartbroken, as the bag was mif and i really don’t want to return it and wait for another one to come in stock and risk it being made in us/Spain. first world problems, I know. Any recommendations/ experience outside of just returning the bag? Will they replace just the handle and return this bag to me? Thank you so much in advance!
Which is the problem if the bag is made in US or Spain? It's better for you to keep a faulty one?

I had a similar problem with a limited edition speedy that had both handles damaged/sliced probably by a box cutter when the plastic sleeves were removed. I had ordered it online, but worked through a wonderful client adviser who arranged to have the handles replaced. The online people only would tell me to return it for an exchange. Be persistent and work with an SA if you can. If they agree to replace the handles, be prepared for a several week wait, but it will be worth it. Good luck!

Reactions: Queensmama
You'd rather have a damaged bag than one made in a different country?
Good grief.
Totally agree- we all get why MIF is desirable but there is no way I would keep a brand new bag with a terrible scar like this. Shame on whoever mishandled poor speedy. As long as the bag is perfect, what difference does it make where it is made? I do not know that it has any effect on resale either. At this time, I actually prefer MIU knowing my purchase supports American jobs.

Some people only want Made in France because LV is a French company. They feel these are better than bags made in US, Spain and etc. It's a personal preference. It's also harder to get MIF in the states.
It is harder to get MIF in the US but I have had just as many issues with items large and small MIF as MIS, MII and MIU. It depends on the individual craftsperson irrespective of their location.

Reactions: JadaStormy
I’m going to return and try my luck again. In the meantime, I managed to catch an escale speedy b in pastel and feeling like this might have been kismet ‍:P I love the look of the original speedy in mono but with 3 small kids the no strap component was plaguing me (I just hated the look of the vachetta on the sides of the mono, I have the speedy b 25 in de)... ugh. Do any of you have speedy 30’s that you wish were bandoliers? I’ve read the entire speedy clubhouse thread and still so indecisive bc I love the look lol.

Attachments

• 512509E5-C7EB-4477-8FE1-F96E9EF740EC.png
    512509E5-C7EB-4477-8FE1-F96E9EF740EC.png
    281.5 KB · Views: 17
I’m going to return and try my luck again. In the meantime, I managed to catch an escale speedy b in pastel and feeling like this might have been kismet ‍:P I love the look of the original speedy in mono but with 3 small kids the no strap component was plaguing me (I just hated the look of the vachetta on the sides of the mono, I have the speedy b 25 in de)... ugh. Do any of you have speedy 30’s that you wish were bandoliers? I’ve read the entire speedy clubhouse thread and still so indecisive bc I love the look lol.

I personally don't like the 30 with the bandouliere cause I find it too bulky considering I'm petite. If I'm getting the bandouliere, I prefer it in the 25.

I personally don't like the 30 with the bandouliere cause I find it too bulky considering I'm petite. If I'm getting the bandouliere, I prefer it in the 25.
I have had both they both look fine on me, not much big difference, my husband also said same thing, I prefer 30 (either classic or B) 25 opening is too small