Received Blank Authenticity Card?!

Never experience this before and I've purchased random pieces here and there throughout the years, both boutiques and online. Glad the SA is willing to ship the COA to you! I don't see how mailing it can be an issue to them, my SA always send me stuff before via FedEx with adult ID/signature, even just for a few stacks of red packets for lunar new year.

This whole ordeal that OP had to go through and how VCA has handled it is somewhat troubling to me — as another poster pointed out, how could mailing the COA be a security issue when orders (product plus COA, booklet, etc.) are routinely mailed in remote transactions. Then, after finally relenting on the “security” concern, they don’t even bother asking for the blank COA back, not seeming to care if the blank were to fall into the wrong hands….
Glad that at least the story as a happy ending for OP!

Update: I never received the authenticity card in the mail. I texted the SA this and again, my message was left on “read” and a few days have passed already. I suppose I’ll have to call to make an appt with a different SA & drive all the way up there. Ugh. Luckily, they have a juice bar with the best macarons to make it worthwhile lol
That’s frustrating, and incredibly poor service. Definitely switch SA’s. This one isn’t worth anymore of your time, imo.

Update: I never received the authenticity card in the mail. I texted the SA this and again, my message was left on “read” and a few days have passed already. I suppose I’ll have to call to make an appt with a different SA & drive all the way up there. Ugh. Luckily, they have a juice bar with the best macarons to make it worthwhile lol
This is so frustrating. OP if you go back to the boutique I recommend asking for the boutique manager and voicing your concerns directly about the poor service and all this mishap. They should really make it up to you during your visit.

They said no, unfortunately I have to go there with the item and blank card.
Oh what a pain! I would be livid. But oh well..it is what it is..guess next time just pick up the item from the store..and make sure that the card is not blank and everything else is complete!

Definitely switch SAs..obviously she doesn't value you as a client.....or is empty-headed.....or both!

Reactions: carlinha
Hi there, jumping in to ask a question also relating to COA! I bought a piece of jewellery from an overseas boutique earlier this week and only just noticed that the SA had filled in a different/wrong date on the COA (such that the date is different from the one printed on my receipt) — does anyone foresee this mistake becoming a problem in the future?

Another update: I just picked up my necklace from SCP after getting it sent out to add 2” They asked me if I ever received my authenticity card from the BH location & I said no.. so they made one for me right on the spot! The only difference is the SCP stamp instead of BH which I don’t mind.
I’m glad they did. But I feel like you need the one from the store you bought it from. The receipt has the location of purchase right? I don’t remember. If it does it will not match your COA. Their internal records won’t match your COA either. They dropped the ball multiple times. That is not ok. Ok. I checked my receipts and the address is centered at the bottom of the receipt. Ugh. I wonder what kind of people VCA is hiring these days.

I purchased two items online recently. The Sweet Alhambra RG bracelet & necklace.

I read this forum right after I ordered and was thinking, hope this doesn’t happen to me, such a hassle.

When my package arrived I checked my first booklet, COA all filled and good. Checked the next… blank. I responded back to the email that sent me my invoice on Fri and on Mon I got a respond back (and a missed call/voicemail from the SA I ordered from - had to contact because one of the items I ordered wasn’t available online) that she will be sending me a replacement COA. So glad that I had an easy process (I mean I hope she follows through and send me the paperwork asap).

But yeah I definitely would be upset if I spend $$ and there’s missing paperwork. Plus they send out COA when you buy online so I don’t understand why they couldn’t make the process easier for you and send one out to you.

Hope others don’t encounter problems like this!

I’m glad they did. But I feel like you need the one from the store you bought it from. The receipt has the location of purchase right? I don’t remember. If it does it will not match your COA. Their internal records won’t match your COA either. They dropped the ball multiple times. That is not ok. Ok. I checked my receipts and the address is centered at the bottom of the receipt. Ugh. I wonder what kind of people VCA is hiring these days.
I 100% agree with you. The store receipt and the COA need to match showing it came from the same store.

OP: I would reach out to the original store and get a COA from them. It's just a handwritten COA, but the stamp is what you need. Your piece will be registered in the VCA database as having been purchased at one store, yet your physical COA shows it came from another store. That will look off.

Reactions: doloresmia
I 100% agree with you. The store receipt and the COA need to match showing it came from the same store.

OP: I would reach out to the original store and get a COA from them. It's just a handwritten COA, but the stamp is what you need. Your piece will be registered in the VCA database as having been purchased at one store, yet your physical COA shows it came from another store. That will look off.
True. I was hoping this indiscretion was due to the BH SA being swamped from the holidays, but not replying just left a sour taste with me. I’ve been enjoying my piece in the meantime.

Reactions: BigAkoya
True. I was hoping this indiscretion was due to the BH SA being swamped from the holidays, but not replying just left a sour taste with me. I’ve been enjoying my piece in the meantime.
Yes, the most important aspect is you are loving your piece!

I would just make a trek down to BH and get it done. When you are there, to avoid another screw up, check that everything matches on your receipt and COA.

They both need to show the same boutique, the same date of purchase, and the same serial number. All these are handwritten on the COA and mistakes can happen, so double-check before you leave the boutique.

And… they owe you a travel pouch and TWO boxes if chocolates! :biggrin: :heart:

Reactions: simplicitea