Received best offer for BIN price from 0 feedback bidder

Twin Mom

O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
I haven't sold much on ebay but decided to start small and list a Coach key chain for a BIN with a best offer option. Someone with zero feedback made an offer for the BIN price. Why wouldn't s/he just do the BIN? I'm confused. Plus the person has been a member of ebay since 9/05 so it seems odd to me that s/he has no feedback for buying or selling. I am just going to let the offer expire b/c I don't want to take a chance but what do you think?

Thanks.

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk. Too many times low feedback bidders magically "disappear". Then, you are left waiting 7 days for them to pay until you can file a non-paying bidder dispute with ebay. Its too much time. Maybe you could email the buyer and ask them if they are serious about their offer?

i would sell. why not? if they pay, it is fine. sometimes newbies are really confused about how ebay works.

sometimes the problem is not just that they do not pay, but what happens after the sale. for example claiming they did not receive it or trying to return the item for some obscure reason. the inexperience carries a long way.

Maybe you should send them a message asking what their intentions are first. We all started at 0 too, but at the same time it's scary because you don't know if they are here to buy or cause trouble. I say politely ask them first or if you're really unsure, just let it expire.

everyone at some point has had 0 feedback on ebay. i myself only have a feedback of five and ive been a member quite a while. maybe the buyer never buys or sells on ebay. tell the buyer that you will end the listing after she has sent the money and explain that you as a seller need to protect yourself.

No one here will know for sure. Your best course of action is to communicate with the buyer and ask her those questions. I had an e`bay account I did not use for years.

Some people have more than 1 account, myself included. Originally it was to buy on one and sell on the other, but that changed with ebay's 30 day restictions. I use the one with low FB more often now to get my items sold.