Received an empty box from LV!!!

ewong1110

Jan 9, 2019
I just opened my LV package that I picked up from an UPS Access Point and my item is missing!! The box looks like it was opened and resealed. The LV box and my receipt were still inside but it looks like someone just pulled off the ribbon and took out the item. Has this happened to anyone else? and does anyone know what's going to happen?

I called LV customer service and they said they have to start an investigation and it will take 14 days to resolve. LV says they can't do anything until UPS is done with their investigation. So will I just be without my money and the item? My personal information was also on the receipt inside the box so whoever took the item would also have my information which is also super concerning.

As I was tracking my package through the UPS system, I did see it go through customs and arrive at Richmond, BC before being sent to Quebec and then back to Richmond. I'm not sure if that is where it happened or if it was tampered with at the UPS store that had the package overnight.

I've ordered online before and received my packages without issue. Has anyone gone through this before that could let me know what happens? (although I really hope it never happens to anyone) I'm worried that LV will think I'm lying or that LV and UPS will just blame each other and I will never get the item or my money!

Reactions: Lilirose18
I am so sorry this happened to you ! There are other threads about members receiving the box without the item. I’m not sure on their resolution...I have never had this issue ordering online or from the store....what was the item?

Reactions: Born4thjuly
I am so sorry this happened to you ! There are other threads about members receiving the box without the item. I’m not sure on their resolution...I have never had this issue ordering online or from the store....what was the item?

it was a coin card holder that's usually out of stock so even if I'm lucky and LV gives me a refund, I might not be able to get the item again.

I guess I need to send everything to store now. I've ordered other things that are more high value items and they've been received without issues.

I am so sorry to hear this. It never happened to me. This sounds like an ill intended person.
I hope you can either get your money back or receive another item.
I believe you must be feeling really bad, because we usually get super anxious when a new package arrives.

Please, keep us inform about this investigation and how it all turned out. You may be able to help someone in the future.

it was a coin card holder that's usually out of stock so even if I'm lucky and LV gives me a refund, I might not be able to get the item again.

I guess I need to send everything to store now. I've ordered other things that are more high value items and they've been received without issues.
It must be so frustrating! I order the majority of my items from the website and no issues. I hope it gets resolved quickly...

Hopefully you can get your refund (even though you might not be able to find the item again). I've had packages go missing (not the same I know), and usually after the investigation they can give you your money back/reship the package, since they would have had insurance with UPS for these kind of things. Hopefully this happens for you.

Recently there have been several missing items reported in this forum, standard procedure is that LV would start investigation but it will take about 2 weeks. Don’t worry about your receipt, I think the thief was only interested in the content of the box and most likely was in hurry in stealing & resealing the box. IMO most likely it was the UPS employee who committed this crime. Sadly we live in a world where thieves are everywhere :sad:
Once my SA mentioned that her store also experienced similar incident.
sorry you have to experience this, and I hope you will get your refund soon.

Update on my ongoing saga: UPS has denied any wrong doing and has denied the claim that there was any damage.

The package was clearly opened and resealed.

Louis Vuitton said they will reopen the claim and asked me to send in the photos of the package since UPS picked up the package.

Now the waiting game continues....

If anyone has any tips on how I can get my money back please let me know. But it seems like no one wants to take responsibility.
DF467D10-FB74-44A4-8D2B-B7FC28B6DBDF.jpeg7CF3EC4C-4FBF-4C3D-ABA5-43479C0C3584.jpeg

LV should have insured the package. The only thing I can think of is maybe hiring a lawyer to send them a letter either asking for a replacement or a refund of your money. Otherwise, you will sue them in small claims court.

Reactions: theprettymiss
@ewong1110 I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I hope LV will make it right for you and just take a bit of time to resolve. I have a package coming from LV as well this week and going to video tape myself opening the box just in case. The label said shipping from LV Store so I don't feel good about this at all (They should just use a code name or something else not so obvious ugh).