Receipts now asked for bags needing service outside of Paris

sweetbelle

May 4, 2011
I just need to verify with you all if you know about the new policy. I was told by my SA to keep the receipts for all my bags as they have stopped accepting repairs unless they come with a receipt. They may be able to accept a bag without a receipt if they know the customer well. This came into effect because of an incident wherein a client sent the bag for service. Then the bag was discovered to be a fake by the in house craftsman. ( The owner of the bag had no idea bec it was bought by a friend from a reseller) The bag was never returned to the owner and sent to Paris (to be destroyed presumably) . They said it was a birkin in blue de Malte 35 cm.

I guess the thing to remember is that when a bag is bought outside the boutique or from a reseller one needs to make sure about its authenticity and if possible ask for the receipt.

I really hope this is not true. I still have my receipts but as the Hermes stores I bought from are located within department stores, they are printed on the stores' thermal papers. Info will fade!

That's why I started looking for the receipts of my bags again. I do keep them but sometimes after many years you lose track.
Most of my bags are from the boutique except for a black birkin 35 which I bought from a reseller, which makes me worry a bit. They said they would accept my bags even if it was not bought from them because they know me personally. I guess now its important to maintain relationships with your SA.

what store? what country? make copies of the store receipts. but they should have your purchases on record. Only used bags could be a problem and if it is their bag, they shouldn't have a problem.

I don't have a receipt for my birkin but I just pulled the receipt out of the trash from when it was refurbished in June. Does the system keep track of items sent out for refurbishing?

Could this just be because they are trying to reduce the number of repair-jobs that they do - maybe they just want to capitalise on the items that make them the larger profits.