Rec'd defective PST what do I do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnfromBrampto

Senka, John's my DH
Apr 10, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I recently purchased a pink PST on ebay through a friend of mine. It was described as being in great condition with light stains on the inside. I received the bag two days ago. The inside lining looks like a soft drink can exploded in it. The exterior was mostly as described except for the loops that hold the shoulder straps. Three of the loops are missing screws. I contacted Chanel and they told me that they would have to ship the bag to France for repairs. If the loops are not repaired then they open and the chains can fall off. I contacted the seller and told her about the problems with the bag. She has yet to write back. I filed a complaint with Paypal and then a dispute when the seller refused to write back. Paypal refused my claim based on the fact that this is not a shipping issue but rather a complaint regarding "attributes or quality of goods" and that the user agreement does not cover me for this. I am so mad, I can just picture the seller sitting there with a smug look on her face because she probably new I wouldn't have a case with Paypal. What can I do next? Help?!!!

TIA

Hello my dear,
Quick question- did you file a SNAD (significantly not as described) through Paypal or a shipping dispute? Because the SNAD would apply here and they would definitely move on it as I've seen SNAD disputes filed for far less problems...and this sounds like a clear case to me. If you haven't tried this avenue, perhaps you could try filing the dispute now and see if they accept it? Hopefully your previous claim won't negate the ability to file...it's worth a try though, I think:yes:

If you paid via credit card, call the company and ask if the seller has been paid -- well even if she/he/it has, then do you have any recourse -- as in not to pay. They have in the past taken the issue up with the seller but in today's economic market I'm not sure what they do now.

The last option, of course, is to send it to Chanel and have it fixed and cleaned. You can try Aerospace fabric cleaner on the inside to remove the stain. It comes in a spray so you can hit the inside of the purse w/o getting it on the outside.

Geesh, so sorry for this huge hassle. It may well work okay after all. Keep the faith, baby!!!

Regarding the screws issue- I had some of my screws fall off from my PST too, and my local Chanel replaced them at no charge, sorry to hear the stained/dirty condition of the interior:sad:

This situation boils down to whether or not you want the bag and are willing to invest the effort and money to bring it up to par. If so, do so, but also remember that if your seller has not responded positively to your communication, leave them negative feedback. I'll bet you hear from them then!!

If you honestly do not feel the bag is worth the price you paid and was misrepresented, request a chargeback with your credit card company. Follow the credit card company's instructions exactly and the seller will be charged back for the transaction. Paypal almost never, if ever, wins disputes with credit card companies, so this is the next step in the process.

Hello my dear,
Quick question- did you file a SNAD (significantly not as described) through Paypal or a shipping dispute? Because the SNAD would apply here and they would definitely move on it as I've seen SNAD disputes filed for far less problems...and this sounds like a clear case to me. If you haven't tried this avenue, perhaps you could try filing the dispute now and see if they accept it? Hopefully your previous claim won't negate the ability to file...it's worth a try though, I think:yes:

If PP has denied her claim, then I am assuming PP closed the dispute/claim? If so, she cannot reopen, unfortunately. Even if she did in fact, make an error on the dispute (i.e. not filing SNAD).

As mentioned by other posters, definitely file a chargeback with your credit card directly. But if you paid using your checking account, then I'm afraid you may have no recourse in this situation.

I guess you could always fix the bag directly with CHANEL (as suggested) and either resell or just keep it.

However, I would definitely give this seller a bit, fat negative!!!! ESPECIALLY because they haven't even had the decency to respond to your e-mails. :cursing:

Regarding the screws issue- I had some of my screws fall off from my PST too, and my local Chanel replaced them at no charge, sorry to hear the stained/dirty condition of the interior:sad:

Hello, just wondering if you can take any CHANEL purse purchased ANYWHERE to ANY CHANEL retailer for repairs? Is a receipt required? Thank you!

Hello, just wondering if you can take any CHANEL purse purchased ANYWHERE to ANY CHANEL retailer for repairs? Is a receipt required? Thank you!

You can take your Chanel bag to any Chanel store for a

repair.. the department stores may ask for "proof of

purchase".. it depends.. there usually is a charge..

but Chanel does do their own repairs if the bag can be

repaired...

I would post this in the Chanel Forum as this is a very old thread and and since it doesn't have Chanel in the title those who know most likely wouldn't see it

I would post this in the Chanel Forum as this is a very old thread and and since it doesn't have Chanel in the title those who know most likely wouldn't see it

Yes, please visit the Chanel forum for more info on this :tup:

I'm going to close this old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.