Rebecca minkoff's bag hardware issue

Shopalicious

May 28, 2007
I recently purchased a nite and pewter matinee however only after a month time the hardware start turning cloudy ... !! Argh.. I was planning to get more ... and know I have second thought.... I thought abt replacing them myself (paying some bag repairer to do it ) but I dont want to risk damaging the bag.

Does anyone has similar issues ? It happens to the rebecca minkoff badge and the buckle on the bag.. :crybaby::crybaby: I tried emailing the company but I got no reply .. not sure if it went to spam ..

DSC_0159.jpg

I have my source on buckles.. but I am not sure if I can send it back to Rebecca minkoff and have them replace it for me .... Please help me out what should I do ?

hmmm... thats a hard one. I doubt RM will replace it unless its defective. I haven't noticed on my bags YET..

Maybe RM Maven can answer this one... you should PM her.

What do you mean 'cloudy'. Is it covered in some sort of film? Did you try to clean it with a damp microfiber cloth? Is it perhaps just wear from knocking against things?

I would try emailing RM again, or calling if possible. I have done both, but gotten no reply to my email as of yet (not a big deal because I only emailed yesterday...) and no one picked up the line listed on their website today. Be persistent! It's okay, as long as you're polite your persistence probably won't step on any toes. :smile:

it is not from any rubbing cos it happends to all hardware !! I am willing to send the bag back to them for them to inspect ... !! I am even willing to pay for the buckles and the tag as well.. !! I just want it to be fixed.. I love the bag

What do you mean 'cloudy'. Is it covered in some sort of film? Did you try to clean it with a damp microfiber cloth? Is it perhaps just wear from knocking against things?

I would try emailing RM again, or calling if possible. I have done both, but gotten no reply to my email as of yet (not a big deal because I only emailed yesterday...) and no one picked up the line listed on their website today. Be persistent! It's okay, as long as you're polite your persistence probably won't step on any toes. :smile:

It is like the shiny finish turn color !! I tried cleaning it with microfiber cloth but it doesnt work .. I am wondering who I should send the email to ?

I am not sure about the tag, but is is very common for the hardware to discolor and tarnish because it is brass. If it bothers you, a little polish will clean it right up.

I'm in Asia -- and none of the "tags" on my RM bags have that cloudy finish... now the hardware outside the bags, may have a bit of a tarnish that's easily cleaned by brass cleaner -- do a search on the forums, I think there's a thread on the "issues with old hardware". Hope that helps!

i have a market tote and i've only used it a few times. i was really shocked when i took it out of the dustbag to use it to discover that two hardware pieces were missing! i seriously don't know HOW it would have come off or where it would have went. i know for a fact that before i put it in its dust bag, everything was in tact. has this happened to anyone else? does RM fix this kind of stuff for free?

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: