Rebecca Minkoff Sample Sale: Up to 50% OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

citychris

O.G.
Aug 5, 2006
Thanks for the info. re: this great sale.

I've seen RM in person and would say it's quite bright, but I'm not sure about the navy. Can anyone with an RM navy bag describe the color? It looks different in various online photos (and depends on the angle of my monitor too). It it very dark navy, is there any brightness to the blue, or does it depend on the lighting?

joeyjimmy

O.G.
May 27, 2006
I called about the morning after bag and they only had chocolate, black and black basketweave left for presale.

citychris

O.G.
Aug 5, 2006
anybody have the grace IRL? pics? also same goes with the elisha or the foldover clutch?
I don't have the Grace but have tried it on and found it very comfortable to wear over the shoulder. It's about medium size, but is relatively flat which limits how much it can hold (although it's big enough for me). It did strike me that all the tassels swing around kind of wildly due to the metal rings at the end (vs. Balenciaga tassels that don't move around all that much). I wasn't sure whether or not this would bother me. I think it's a great looking bag and the leather is gorgeous.

I'd also be interested in hearing impressions of the Elisha, including how comfortable it is to use the long shoulder strap and how far it hangs down when you're not using it.

donnaeri

Feb 21, 2007
nyc
hey all,

might stop by at the sample sale next week then. i'm probably missing out on the great bags, but i never saw them IRL. i'll make the trip worth it since botkier has a sample sale the same day! :roflmfao:

kachesle

Mar 15, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
hey all,

might stop by at the sample sale next week then. i'm probably missing out on the great bags, but i never saw them IRL. i'll make the trip worth it since botkier has a sample sale the same day! :roflmfao:
make sure you get to both of them early--i've gone to a botkier sale after work and found it closed because they were sold out!

donnaeri

Feb 21, 2007
nyc
i was going to play hookie, but now i'm not sure what will happen due to a "situation" at work...AH...i do deserve it, it's "almost" my birthday..:girlsigh:

make sure you get to both of them early--i've gone to a botkier sale after work and found it closed because they were sold out!

FALLAX COR

Members Only
Jun 5, 2007
Florida
Hi all,
I'm new to the Purse Forum, but I love it already!!
I'm going to the sample sale on the 14th, so if you live somewhere besides NYC and the bag that you want is no longer available for phone/internet sale, I'll check and see if it's available in person.
I also found out that the royal blue/brown basketweave Morning After bag is not available for pre-sale (and I'm DYING to have it!!) but that it will most likely be at the sample sale. If you guys have any requests, PM me.
And CityChris, the navy color is pretty rich and dark. The royal blue is a bit brighter in person.

Good luck!!

Lisabrelle

O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
When I went to pick up my Morning After Mini on Thurs, i was so surprised at how small the Minkoff location is -- I can't imagine how crazy it's going to be during the sample sale.

FALLAX COR

Members Only
Jun 5, 2007
Florida
So! I'm a bit upset right now. After being under the impression that there would be more bags available for the sample sale, it turns out that NOTHING has been held back for the actual sale! I spoke to a different rep at Minkoff this morning and she said that all the minis are pretty much sold out (except for black), and that there would not be any additional bags at the actual sample sale. I'm a bit peeved!!! What about "rewarding" the people who actually take time off to go to the sample sales?!! :tdown: I think that this sample sale is going to be like Botkier's...SOLD OUT IN TWO SECONDS, or for that matter, sold out before it even starts.

Lisabrelle

O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
I'm surprised they aren't holding anything back but I figured things were going quickly when I called last Thursday and they had already sold out of the mini in a few different colors.

I'm glad I got mine, though. I wanted navy, but I got chocolate. Oh well.

adoptastray

springtime lavender
Aug 15, 2006
I was so happy they gave the opportunity to those of us who can't make it to the sale (I'm in CA) by taking phone orders!

Status
Not open for further replies.