Rebecca Minkoff or Gryson?

gtaStat

May 21, 2007
I'm agonizing here, and would love your suggestions. I love the Rebecca Minkoff morning after mini, but also love the Gryson skye bag. Which is a better investment, and which will last longer? I'd plan to use it daily. Also, has anyone seen the gryson ava satchel in person? It's currently on sale at Neiman Marcus.

I think Gryson might be the better investment. I have a feeling that these bags are going to go up in value, as they become more & more popular. They've only been around for about a year and already you're hearing more & more about them. I think the price is great for the quality. Very well made, and I haven't really seen a design that I didn't like.

I recently bought an Olivia bag, and I have to say the quality is better than some more expensive bags that I've seen. I have a medium Balenciaga, and I'd say they're pretty close when it comes to quality (and the Balenciaga is more than $300 more!)

Granted, I've never seen a Rebecca Minkoff IRL, but these bags have been around for a while, and I don't think they have the same resale value that a Gryson has. I also think the Minkoff styles are a little boring.

The suede lining and quality hardware on the Grysons, not to mention the braided/woven leather handles and gorgeous leather make this a bag I'd highly recommend!

I'd go for the Gryson. Though I never think of my bags as investments...I just buy what I like. Although I don't have a RM, I have 2 Grysons and am planning a third. The quality can't be beat, and I like the style better than the Morning After, which seems more sedate (nomatter what it's implications...LOL)

I love the Gryson bags. There was a morning after on ebay for $250 that didn't sell. It was tempting, but I think I'm holding out for a Gryson as well. The Skye bags are my favorite. :tup:

Thanks for the help ladies! Another thing, is it safe to buy Gryson bags on ebay? I just checked ioffer and found they already have copies there!

So, any specific details I ought to look for to ensure the bag is authentic? Seems like all ebay sellers ensure authenticity. lol

Ok, I'm already leaning towards the gryson.

What are your ladies thoughts on the Ava style satchel? This one is on sale atm at Neiman's fyi.

I would go for the Gryson. I used to love RM's morning after but I've found that the leather isn't as good quality as it looks - scratchy and doesn't age well.

I'm agonizing here, and would love your suggestions. I love the Rebecca Minkoff morning after mini, but also love the Gryson skye bag. Which is a better investment, and which will last longer? I'd plan to use it daily. Also, has anyone seen the gryson ava satchel in person? It's currently on sale at Neiman Marcus.

I have looked at the Ava. It is a darling bag. The clasp on the outside is amazingly easy to operate, and is so cool! I actually decided to purchase the Gryson Amanda Bag (Ava's big sister)[URLhttp://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod38060140&parentId=cat10870735&masterId=cat10870735&index=9&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000226cat10870735[/URL]. I LOVE this bag. I have it in white, my daughter has the blue. One of the great things about the Ava and the Amanda is that the gussets on the side can be worn folded in, or pulled out which give the bag an edgey kind of sillhouette. On the Amanda the handles are long enough to use it as a shoulder bag. We have gotten so many compliments on this bag. I am sure the Ava would be a wonderful addition to your collection.

Sorry about the repeat, I had trouble posting the link!!

I have looked at the Ava. It is a darling bag. The clasp on the outside is amazingly easy to operate, and is so cool! I actually decided to purchase the Gryson Amanda Bag (Ava's big sister).http:///www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod38060140&parentId=cat10870735&masterId=cat10870735&index=9&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000226cat10870735 I LOVE this bag. I have it in white, my daughter has the blue. One of the great things about the Ava and the Amanda is that the gussets on the side can be worn folded in, or pulled out which give the bag an edgey kind of sillhouette. On the Amanda the handles are long enough to use it as a shoulder bag. We have gotten so many compliments on this bag. I am sure the Ava would be a wonderful addition to your collection.

Thanks for the help ladies! Another thing, is it safe to buy Gryson bags on ebay? I just checked ioffer and found they already have copies there!

So, any specific details I ought to look for to ensure the bag is authentic? Seems like all ebay sellers ensure authenticity. lol

Ok, I'm already leaning towards the gryson.

What are your ladies thoughts on the Ava style satchel? This one is on sale atm at Neiman's fyi.

gtaStat, it is not safe to buy a gryson on ebay. we do not sell to ebay sellers, and do not guarantee authenticity. the only way to get an authentic gryson is to buy it from a reputable retailer. i can give you names of any particular stores in your area if you would like.

Thank you so much for the help!

I also appreciate the satchel suggestions. I do love the Amanda and Ava bags, they are quite structured and lovely. I usually dress casually though, but perhaps that shouldn't be an issue.

It's too bad most of the bags on ebay now are fakes, I can't believe how fast they have made copies of these bags!

Sorry about the repeat, I had trouble posting the link!!

I have looked at the Ava. It is a darling bag. The clasp on the outside is amazingly easy to operate, and is so cool! I actually decided to purchase the Gryson Amanda Bag (Ava's big sister).http:///www.neimanmarcus.com/store/...t000000cat000141cat000149cat000226cat10870735 I LOVE this bag. I have it in white, my daughter has the blue. One of the great things about the Ava and the Amanda is that the gussets on the side can be worn folded in, or pulled out which give the bag an edgey kind of sillhouette. On the Amanda the handles are long enough to use it as a shoulder bag. We have gotten so many compliments on this bag. I am sure the Ava would be a wonderful addition to your collection.

Thank you for your suggestions! I have seen the Amanda as well (but only online, since I haven't seen any gryson's irl). It's gorgeous, and such a nice size. I though the Ava would work nicely as well, since I've been wanting a smaller bag. I wonder if the straps on the ava can also be worn on the shoulder. Hmm. Have you seen any in the colour chocolate? It's hard to tell whether this is a deep rich dark brown or a bit lighter. If I could, I'd buy them all! ;)

I though the Ava would work nicely as well, since I've been wanting a smaller bag. I wonder if the straps on the ava can also be worn on the shoulder. Hmm. Have you seen any in the colour chocolate? It's hard to tell whether this is a deep rich dark brown or a bit lighter. If I could, I'd buy them all! ;)

Ava's shoulder strap is 7.5 inches, it can be worn on the shoulder. Several Gryson bags are on sale at BAGSHOP.COM, chocolate Ava from Fall 2006 is available for $475USD.
http://www.bagshop.com/store/mresults.php?Class_2=Gryson