Rebecca Minkoff MA - Emerald or Eggplant?

madaboutdarcy

Mrs. Darcy
Oct 24, 2007
Or another color?

I can't decide between these two. Your opinions please? I've got the Matinee coming in Glazed Espresso/Military Green Suede.

And one more thing -- would this seem a good lineup? Matinee in Glazed Espresso, Nikki in Dark Grey, and the MA in Emerald/Eggplant? Online bag-shopping is addicting! :S

TIA!

Thanks to everyone who replied! :smile: Emerald it is then. I've been wanting a green bag for a long time, I just thought that Eggplant might be a bit more subdued = more "formal" than funky.

airmarket, post pics once you get it please! :biggrin:

Yes! The three bags you've picked would be a great start to your RM collection.

Definitely emerald for the MA though. I had an eggplant MAM and returned it because the color was so flat and boring. Even though I knew it wasn't going to look like it did online, I expected some complexity and depth to the color and it just wasn't there. Eggplant photographs well, but in real life, it was a disappointment to me.

Yes! The three bags you've picked would be a great start to your RM collection.

Definitely emerald for the MA though. I had an eggplant MAM and returned it because the color was so flat and boring. Even though I knew it wasn't going to look like it did online, I expected some complexity and depth to the color and it just wasn't there. Eggplant photographs well, but in real life, it was a disappointment to me.

Good to know!

Just curious...what was the leather like for the Eggplant? Is it tougher/stiffer than most of the others, like the Elephant is?

luvinmybags - I actually liked the leather on the eggplant...it's definitely not as thick/stiff as on the elephant, but not as smooshy as RM's truly soft leathers. The eggplant leather was very light (which was great b/c my elephant bag feels like a brick sometimes), yet had a bit of stiffness/structure to it so the bag didn't completely "melt" when you set it down.

HTH a bit!

I got the MAM in eggplant and sent it back - I exchanged it for an emerald. Guess which color I'm voting for!

The eggplant is a nice enough color - but it's really more of a brown with a reddish cast. Like an extra brown maroon color. If you have something in Espresso already, it will be too much brown. I'm hoping the green will be better for me.