Rebecca Minkoff Julian Backpack

defunct

Apr 22, 2015
Hey everyone!

I recently got this backpack as a gift. However the black bubble leather looks and feels like fake/vinyl crap leather. The leather feels flimsy and thin. The backpack I got has the hexagon/geometric lining. This is the second bag I've gotten from Rebecca Minkoff. The first being the iconic mini 5 zip which has great leather: soft, thick and buttery.

I really love this style of backpack and it's perfect for my needs. However I cannot justify keeping this bag as it feels like trash... I plan on returning it and getting store credit however... I really like the style of the bag. It's haunting me... Does this bag with the houndstooth lining have better leather?

What should I do? Does this leather get better with age or should I return it?

didn't know this! I'll have to go home and check mine!
I didn't realize that there was a faux leather one either. That's so odd...I wonder why the price would be the same for the faux and genuine leather? Anyway, I just checked my black leather Julian and it has a "100% genuine leather tag" inside the bag.

@defunct: There will be RM Julian backpacks in the Nordstrom anniversary sale. Maybe you can check those out and compare.

@defunct ihave the black one with silver hardware with the geo print, there's some wear next to the zipper track and looks a bit faded there, my tri zip mac with the same leather has also rubbed off in a couple places - the leather has rubbed off revealing some kind of beige material. However I have used these 2 bags lots and I find they are lightweight due to the cheap leather and comfortable to wear.
but I'd say it gets worse not better with age unfortunately

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1436368795.996602.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1436368823.550836.jpg mine says genuine, so it's genuine but fragile leather. I took a pic of the wear thats next to the zipper track - see how it's faded? Lucky this isn't really a rare bag (yet); I know it's easily replaceable plus it's not really a 'going out' bag as such, I don't even see it half the time since its on my back!

Hey everyone, thanks so much for the responses. I ended up switching the bag for a different one. There seems to be severe quality control issues on this bag. The first bag I got the leather felt flimsy like paper and fake as plastic. However this new bag is gorgeous. It's not a bubble leather throughout it's more of a pebbled leather however the back of the bag has the bubble leather. However the bag feels so much more like leather. It is soft and supple. It does have a bit of sheen on the bubble leather which will go away hopefully. I'll post some pictures.

OxoYOkr.jpg

latLWpu.jpg

tHNiML3.jpg

5gt1H3x.jpg

RVzZmQg.jpg