Rebecca Minkoff Fakes, Knockoffs, Insired by, Etc..

riceandsoup

bona fide bag lady
O.G.
Nov 12, 2007
I mentioned a few days ago that a shoe store chain here was selling bags "inspired" by RM. I managed to take a few pictures surreptitiously with my phone when I was in the store. Janechin76 tells me that the bags have either been pulled or sold out as she didn't see any when she dropped by one of the outlets recently.

For your viewing (dis)pleasure:

White/brown basketweave MA lookalike:
2314804886_5c19d2d94b.jpg

Navy/blue patent basketweave MA lookalike:
2313990861_0df517a0c5.jpg

Black/black patent MA lookalike:
2314804522_f3ba814557.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm just discovering RM and they are already being faked? How disappointing! I know they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but wow....they pretty much made an exact copy! Does RM know about this?

The leather and the harware are different, but those seem pretty close. Yuck. I wonder if they will show up on eBay. Do you know if they were pulled or did someone buy them all?

These don't worry me as much as an exact copy pretending to be an actual Rebecca Minkoff would. I feel pretty confident buying an RM on eBay now because there aren't actual counterfeits out there yet... that we know of.

Reactions: Pevi
omgosh....those are so close to actual RM tho....I mean obviously we know the real quality that comes with an AUTHENTIC RM, but these are SUCH a ripoff. they don't even look "inspired by", they look like plain old copies.