Rebecca Minkoff Fakes, Knockoffs, Insired by, Etc..

riceandsoup

bona fide bag lady
O.G.
Nov 12, 2007
sunny island set in the sea
I mentioned a few days ago that a shoe store chain here was selling bags "inspired" by RM. I managed to take a few pictures surreptitiously with my phone when I was in the store. Janechin76 tells me that the bags have either been pulled or sold out as she didn't see any when she dropped by one of the outlets recently.

For your viewing (dis)pleasure:

White/brown basketweave MA lookalike:

Navy/blue patent basketweave MA lookalike:

Black/black patent MA lookalike:

Last edited by a moderator:

nangel519

Nov 12, 2007
New York
Wow I can't believe they are ripping off RM and they are easily accessible! I can't even find an authentic one in the stores around me!

lawgirl07

O.G.
May 27, 2007
Wow! I can't believe how close they are. Of course even in the photos, the leather is a dead giveaway that it isn't really RM. Ugh!

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
Boringsville, USA
Wow, I'm just discovering RM and they are already being faked? How disappointing! I know they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but wow....they pretty much made an exact copy! Does RM know about this?

erisdoe

Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
The leather and the harware are different, but those seem pretty close. Yuck. I wonder if they will show up on eBay. Do you know if they were pulled or did someone buy them all?

Jenny Cadine

Semi-banned
Sep 24, 2007
the Dirty South
These don't worry me as much as an exact copy pretending to be an actual Rebecca Minkoff would. I feel pretty confident buying an RM on eBay now because there aren't actual counterfeits out there yet... that we know of.

Reactions: Pevi

sweetdreams

Slave to Cats
Jan 30, 2008
Sunny CA
Oy. Now we'll all have to be more careful on ebay. What city is this store in?
Can we just say what store this is? This is horrid, the "leather"looks so bad.

What is it with shoe stores? Are they always copying everything? I saw an exact copy of a steve madden purse I have at one fourth of the price.

pursegrl12

O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
Can we just say what store this is? This is horrid, the "leather"looks so bad.

What is it with shoe stores? Are they always copying everything? I saw an exact copy of a steve madden purse I have at one fourth of the price.
i also want to know what store & what city!

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Boston
omgosh....those are so close to actual RM tho....I mean obviously we know the real quality that comes with an AUTHENTIC RM, but these are SUCH a ripoff. they don't even look "inspired by", they look like plain old copies.