Selling to Rebag

Hi! So did rebag end up purchasing your item after they said its not within their internal guidelines? They just said that to items I sent to them as well so thats why I'm wondering.
Hi! No, they ended up shipping the item back to me. I called customer support and the phone agent told me that means that they're not looking to buy that item/style at this time. Complete waste of time. I will avoid selling with Rebag at all costs

I was incredibly frustrated and felt like the whole thing was a scam / waste of time. I didn't have my items for almost a month. In that time, my Fashionphile quote expired. Their only reason was that they don't want that style right now. They should have known that before giving me a quote for my item and asking me to ship it to them. They claimed that "they won't know" until they physically inspect the item which makes no sense.

I posted about it in a FB group and another woman shared her similar story with me:
  • Same thing happened to me with a Cartier ring. Initially I declined the offer and they kept emailing. Finally they had an advisor help me to get a better quote and I accepted and sent the item. Once they received they sent me the same email and sent the item back to me ground from NY to WA. The whole process took a month from start to when I got it back and I am so mad I wasted so much time with them. I only sent it to them because they kept saying they really wanted the item and even upped the offer to get me to sell. The offer ended up being the best I got but why the heck do you then say you are not buying at this time??!! Luckily Fashionphile ended up giving me a better quote the second time around so I am happy but such a frustrating experience. I will never sell there again because they could just turn around and send it back.

Just AWFUL. Why is Rebag making fake offers and asking people to send in their stuff? It's very fishy to me :annoyed: they lose money on the shipping expenses too.. it doesn't make any sense, I don't know what they're up to

Last edited:
I keep getting solicited about their Clair program and now the trade thing using Clair. I was so put off by their past antics, I can't even have the trust in trying this new thing. Wish they had their act together because if it worked the way it should, I'd think it would be a great thing. Anyone tried the trade thing with them?

Same experience with Rebag. My first time using them. They are sending 2 bags back and indicating wear that I know is not present on the bags. Hoping they didn’t switch out my bags. Also, the bag they kept is listed for more than double what they paid me. Won’t be using them again. FF is has been my go to. Much easier and honest transactions. Of course the quotes are low as they all are but not worth the hassle/risk selling on your own depending on the item.

Reactions: pursemate
I've also just had the same experience. I sent in my bag after accepting a Clair offer. The bag was just delivered today and late in the afternoon, I got an email saying it couldn't be accepted with reason "Not within our internal guidelines". I'm definitely quite frustrated because my bag was also brand new + I took the time to pack it carefully and ship it.

I'm also concerned after reading the previous posts that they'll switch out the bag. Can anyone comment on how long it took them to ship back the original bag (What shipping speed they use etc.) and if at the very least, they ship the bag back in the condition we sent it in?

Will also likely avoid using Rebag in the future after this experience.

This thread makes me feel a bit better. The same thing happened to me - submitted two bags to Rebag, got quotes significantly higher than from Fashionphile. One - which I know to be in pristine condition - was declined by Rebag as "Not within our internal guidelines." I hope it is returned in the same pristine condition. My Fashionphile offer is still active, so I suppose I'll send it there if I get it back in time. So frustrating!

I'm new to Rebag and noticed they provide instant quotes for certain items without even seeing photos. For instance, I got an instant quote for an hermes bracelet just by putting in the style of bracelet and condition. My question is will the price change if the color I'm selling is more/less popular? Like if they are quoting me $150 but when they see that it's actually a hot color, would they offer me more? And vice versa - if it's a bad color would they then offer less? Tia!!

The insta quote won't stand unless you submit pics and get an actual quote. The insta quote feature is more for you to get an idea of the value of an item and whether it's a good investment/purchase from their site. In my experience they have NEVER honored a quote or a buyback amount, they shift the price downwards all the time, never up. I used the instant quote feature and was super happy but didn't get anywhere near what it said.

Reactions: caannie
How awful! Thanks so much for the warning!!

The insta quote won't stand unless you submit pics and get an actual quote. The insta quote feature is more for you to get an idea of the value of an item and whether it's a good investment/purchase from their site. In my experience they have NEVER honored a quote or a buyback amount, they shift the price downwards all the time, never up. I used the instant quote feature and was super happy but didn't get anywhere near what it said.

Every quote I've gotten from Rebag has been honored by them and paid, even the 2 instant quotes I received. I was pleasantly surprised. I've not sold much to them but a few things where their offers were more than anyone else. A couple times, they came back a month later and increased their offer by 5% or 10% for offers I had earlier declined.

How awful! Thanks so much for the warning!!
They would lower the quotes even if you had summited detailed pictures for them to review and get the quotes, be warned, they did that several times to my items and lowered quotes by huge amount after they received items.

I had never had that done to my items from any other consignements I have been dealing with, and I summited the same pictures with the same detailed and accurate descriptions to all consignments I summited to.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I've sent 10+ items to Rebag this past 2 months and only 1 time they actually lower the quote after they received the item and I actually expected them to. It was an instant quote for one of the LV kirigami pieces and they quoted really high(500+ for only one pouch, not even mentioning which size of the pouch). I asked them to send me back that item. But everything else are paid according to the quote given(instant and submitted).

Reactions: youngster
They would lower the quotes even if you had summited detailed pictures for them to review and get the quotes, be warned, they did that several times to my items and lowered quotes by huge amount after they received items.

I had never had that done to my items from any other consignements I have been dealing with, and I summited the same pictures with the same detailed and accurate descriptions to all consignments I summited to.
Thanks for the warning!

Reactions: onlyk
I've sent 10+ items to Rebag this past 2 months and only 1 time they actually lower the quote after they received the item and I actually expected them to. It was an instant quote for one of the LV kirigami pieces and they quoted really high(500+ for only one pouch, not even mentioning which size of the pouch). I asked them to send me back that item. But everything else are paid according to the quote given(instant and submitted).
Thanks, pcil! So good seeing you here again!