Rear Seat Entertainment

trustlove

May 17, 2010
What is your opinion on rear seat entertainment in a vehicle. Pros and cons? Do you think it will be out dated soon due to technology? Trying to decide if it would be valuable to have it or not. I'm currently car shopping and I'm mom with a toddler. TIA

redney

Lovin' Life!
O.G.
Apr 21, 2006
I wouldn't pay a car manufacturer for anything built in especially since it's so easy to just use an ipad and after-market carrier.

Notorious Pink

Hermès PurseBlogger!
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
New York
We had it for a few years....now we don't. I have two boys, 6th and 3rd grade. DS1 has an iPhone and a Mini, DS2 has one of our older iPhones without a number. They can see whatever they want on those - which, nowadays, is mostly YouTube entertainment, like Smosh, or learning how to do things. Understand DS1 spends A LOT of time in the car, and we haven't had the players for years.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
While they're young I totally think you need it, especially if you travel in the car a lot.
Mine had started to outgrow it so we have 2 iPad minis that stay in my car instead. But even at 10 yrs old, they're totally watch movies still if I'd gotten it this last time around.
We didn't do after market because to buy the tv, have them custom installed then wired wouldn't have saved us anything.

nikimenz

Jul 28, 2014
I totally thought of something else when you said rear seat entertainment.
:lolots: