Really weird happenings on bonanza!

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
On September 11, I got an email from Bonz telling me that my request for a refund (of FVF) was denied. In looking at the email, the reason stated is "We are unable to issue refunds more than 90 days past the date of purchase." I'd sold the item 3.5 years ago and wasn't looking for a refund, hadn't requested one and didn't have a clue why I got the email.

I was told by support that it must have been a "hiccup" and not to worry about it.

Well tonight, I just got an order for an item that I no longer have. I looked at the date of the order and it's Sept. 28, 2010. Four years ago, I sold that item to the buyer who supposedly placed the order tonight.

(I did get an email telling me I have an order and my current Bonz shows an open negotiation.) :confused1:

Sent another message to Bonz.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Not exactly the same issue, but about a week ago or so I made a sale of $1700 (buyer emailed me with her offer in price so I sent her an invoice, thus not immediate payment required) but she could not check out to pay. She said she got error message like Oops. I told her to keep trying, she kept saying she could not, in the meantime I wrote to Bonz about this issue, also ask my buyer for her Paypal address so that I could send her an invoice for her to pay. And then both of us, me and the buyer could not log in to Bonz.
After I got her email, I wrote that we both still protected, the transaction was on Bonanza, both of us can leave feedback about this transaction. So I sent her Paypal invoice and she paid. Still got no respond from Bonz until 3 days later. I believed Bonz was down for a couple of hours that day?

Not to me. I did have a couple of sales and they went very smoothly.

My transactions went smoothly years ago too. That's what's odd. These aren't recent transactions!

Not exactly the same issue, but about a week ago or so I made a sale of $1700 (buyer emailed me with her offer in price so I sent her an invoice, thus not immediate payment required) but she could not check out to pay. She said she got error message like Oops. I told her to keep trying, she kept saying she could not, in the meantime I wrote to Bonz about this issue, also ask my buyer for her Paypal address so that I could send her an invoice for her to pay. And then both of us, me and the buyer could not log in to Bonz.
After I got her email, I wrote that we both still protected, the transaction was on Bonanza, both of us can leave feedback about this transaction. So I sent her Paypal invoice and she paid. Still got no respond from Bonz until 3 days later. I believed Bonz was down for a couple of hours that day?
If it was during a down time, that could explain things, but one message was on Sept. 11 and the other was on Sept. 17. One was (supposedly) for a refund request I'd made to Bonz and the other was a message from Bonz informing me of an order.

It was two completely different types of transactions. That's what's so strange about it. I can't imagine that I'm the only person on Bonz who has received unexplainable messages. I don't post to their discussions so I haven't checked there to see if others have commented.

(I haven't yet heard back from Bonz support about what is going on, but I suspect they'll explain it as a hiccup or glitch.)

It hasn't happened recently but in the past I've received order notifications for very old orders and seen "pending offers" that haven't been pending for a few years pop up. They definitely have a problem with ghost notifications.

Oh yeah, and once when I had to file a case in their resolution center for an item from an AWOL seller their auto-reponse system sent me all the details of someone else's case. Definitely buggy.

It hasn't happened recently but in the past I've received order notifications for very old orders and seen "pending offers" that haven't been pending for a few years pop up. They definitely have a problem with ghost notifications.

Oh yeah, and once when I had to file a case in their resolution center for an item from an AWOL seller their auto-reponse system sent me all the details of someone else's case. Definitely buggy.
LOL! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

I received a message from Bonz on Wed. Telling me that xxxxxx bought my item and paid with an echeck. It will take 3/4 days to clear. I ignored it because I sold the item 3 weeks ago, to xxxxx, was paid, transferred the money to my bank account, shipped the item, and have received feedback from xxxxx. It made no sense so I figured they were having problems!