Really stupid (I know) but would a speck bother you?

dollybelle

Mar 18, 2011
I always seem to have trouble with bags when i purchase them. I'm not sure whether it's me being overly picky with the condition after I take them home, but I noticed a scuff mark AKA speck on the front of my Saffiano Tote. It really bothers me. But I just want to know if this would bother you?

I am in love with this bag but right now I can't see sense because I'm tripping over how much I spent on it. I'm wondering whether it's stupid for me to return something that will end up getting more marks on it later on.

(see second post for pics)

IMG_1891_zpsd8cb32cc.jpg

IMG_1893_zps99b771f2.jpg

IMG_1888_zps2e93b0dc.jpg

Then some angles: not visible (see below)

IMG_1885_zpscdc17d9e.jpg

If it bothers you (and it would bother me because even in the photo where you say it's not visible, I can still see it!!) then you should take it back. If it bothers you it's the only thing you will see every time you look at your bag. You will avoid using the bag because the spot will annoy you and that will be money wasted. Return it and insist that it be replaced, repaired, or something. You didn't spend 2K to have this sort of grief. And if your new one gets marks on it then they are YOUR marks, not someone else's and they are usually easier to live with. And if this sounds petty then too bad...because for 2K I would want perfection....that's what 2K implies!!!!!

Definitely return it. For the money you've spent, , it should be perfect. When I got my bag, my SA took all the red ones out that they had and we looked them all over. A few had very subtle imperfections and I appreciated that the SA took the time to find the most perfect bag for me. It's a small mark, but very noticeable, especially since it's right on the front of your bag. Sorry. :sad:

it wouldn't bother me in the least but I know the feeling of trying to pretend you can get over something when it does indeed bother you, so you should return it. you'll never be ale to unsee it.

I believe that it's gonna bother you because you know its there. For this reason I would return it. Plus, the amount of money that you invested in the bag, it should be damage free. :shame:

I always seem to have trouble with bags when i purchase them. I'm not sure whether it's me being overly picky with the condition after I take them home, but I noticed a scuff mark AKA speck on the front of my Saffiano Tote. It really bothers me. But I just want to know if this would bother you?

I am in love with this bag but right now I can't see sense because I'm tripping over how much I spent on it. I'm wondering whether it's stupid for me to return something that will end up getting more marks on it later on.

(see second post for pics)
Not one bit! If it has to happen you should bête one to put I there! I would return it for another one.

I agree with everyone else that you should return it if you are not satisfied. If it were me I would think about the flaw and it would bother me every time I used the bag. That's not what you want with a $2,000 bag!

My gosh, you guys are so helpful and kind ( also not judgemental ) ^__^

Thank you! Yeah I spoke to my SA (whom is also a friend). She said that there is a huge waiting list for this bag, so I can't exchange. The only things I can do is get a refund but they dont know when they will be getting more in... And I'm leaving to go back to my own country in summer so... it's tough.

So I said I'd hold onto the bag for now, and she's gonna call me on Monday to tell me if there's any chance of getting any of the same bag in SOON...

I'd rather keep the bag with the speck rather than not have it at all.

we'll see.

PS: She also said it is probably 'glue' from the manufacturing process