Really stupid (I know) but would a speck bother you?

My gosh, you guys are so helpful and kind ( also not judgemental ) ^__^

Thank you! Yeah I spoke to my SA (whom is also a friend). She said that there is a huge waiting list for this bag, so I can't exchange. The only things I can do is get a refund but they dont know when they will be getting more in... And I'm leaving to go back to my own country in summer so... it's tough.

So I said I'd hold onto the bag for now, and she's gonna call me on Monday to tell me if there's any chance of getting any of the same bag in SOON...

I'd rather keep the bag with the speck rather than not have it at all.

we'll see.

PS: She also said it is probably 'glue' from the manufacturing process
I have had a similar incident with the same purse in charcoal color which I bought last November. I have noticed a white mark in front of the bag which according to the SA was glue as well. They tried to remove it but was unsuccessful. Since I fell in love with the color and they didn't have any other stock in hand, I decided to just keep it. When I got home, I decided to check on the authenticity card and was shocked to see that it was stamped in July instead of November. That probably explains the white mark. That purse was returned and have no idea if previous owner used it first before returning. I went back the next day to the boutique and had it replaced to a purple color instead. I finally had peace of mind.:smile:

I have had a similar incident with the same purse in charcoal color which I bought last November. I have noticed a white mark in front of the bag which according to the SA was glue as well. They tried to remove it but was unsuccessful. Since I fell in love with the color and they didn't have any other stock in hand, I decided to just keep it. When I got home, I decided to check on the authenticity card and was shocked to see that it was stamped in July instead of November. That probably explains the white mark. That purse was returned and have no idea if previous owner used it first before returning. I went back the next day to the boutique and had it replaced to a purple color instead. I finally had peace of mind.:smile:
Do you by any chance have a picture of it? Or was it worse than mine?

That sounds like a plan, and I'm glad you got peace of mind!! The purple is a really nice decision to go for :heart:
I really do love the black though... I'll stick with it no matter what but I'm still waiting on an Exchange...!

What did they try to remove the mark with? They had some 'glue' type remover and took a cloth and tried to rub the mark at my store -- but nothing also. Gr! I guess on Black/Charcoal it really is apparent...

Also, my card hasn't been stamped, it's blank on the back. Do I need to get an authorisation signature from my SA, or does it matter?

That sounds like a plan, and I'm glad you got peace of mind!! The purple is a really nice decision to go for :heart:
I really do love the black though... I'll stick with it no matter what but I'm still waiting on an Exchange...!

What did they try to remove the mark with? They had some 'glue' type remover and took a cloth and tried to rub the mark at my store -- but nothing also. Gr! I guess on Black/Charcoal it really is apparent...

Also, my card hasn't been stamped, it's blank on the back. Do I need to get an authorisation signature from my SA, or does it matter?

Yes, I was diappointed with them for doing that.

I am hoping you will be able to get a new black since you might end up not being happy about that mark. To begin with, if it bothers you right from the start, I think it will forvere bother you and for something that pricey, you should get an excellent quality one. Black is a color that will always be there.

Yes, they had a glue mark remover which was in a small plastic container (apparently this one can be sourced from Italy according to the SM) and they tried to rub it off with a cloth but didn't seem to get it off. But just the same, since I loved the color, I went for it. But sadly had to return it. Yes I agree with you, I think it is more obvious with black/charcoal.

If you bought the purse from the Prada boutique, then it should be stamped the date and which store the bag was purchased from. The Prada boutiques in Manila, Hongkong and Australia all did that. I think it's SOP. It's best you let them do that for your protection as well. You wouldn't really know when you will be needing an after service and I think if you misplace your reciept ( which most of us do ) then that's your only proof that it was bought there. I don't know if I am just being fussy about it but I feel it's part of the bag purchase. But you can ask other's opinion on this too.:smile:

Here is a photo of the purse. I have encircled the white spot in red. Sorry for the poor photo as I only took this using my iPhone.

paulscarlet.smugmug.com/Other/Forum-Photos/i-H25q5Gc/0/M/prada_bag-M.jpg