Really Stretchy Jeans?

nessahhh

artist / fashionista
Jun 4, 2008
So I've been on the hunt for the most comfortable jeans, and I just don't know what to get. I like a LOT of stretch in them (more than 2% spandex), so does anyone know where to find jeans with LOTS of stretch/spandex in them?

I know J Brands are pretty stretchy but for some reason, they just don't fit me well. If anyone remembers back in the day when Mavi "Marie's" were popular, they had TONS of stretch in them, and that's basically what I'm looking for...

Oh and does anyone know if Elasterell is actually really stretchy like Spandex? And how about Elastane? Elastan? Elastene!? Apparently Elasterell just allows jeans to keep they're shape, and don't act like spandex...I don't know if thats true or not though, but if someone knows?

If anyone has any suggestions, past them along! Thankssss :tup:

Spandex and elastane are the same thing, and the other stretchy fabric is lycra, I think. It come down to the quality really... not so much one material is more stretchy than the other. 2% spandex 98% cotton is already really really stretchy IMO, but if you want more you can try to google 4% spandex but I haven't ever come accross any.

Last edited:
I LOVE my AGs :love:... they're stretchy (but they never lose their shape!) and probably the most comfortable out of every pair of jeans I own (including R&R, J Brand, COH, Sevens, etc. etc.). :smile:

I :heart: my ROY jeans (an Australian designer label). They are super stretchy and comfty!!!!!!!!!! I have J-BRAND, TR, R&R, Frankie B, and Sevens, ROY is the BEST!!!!!!

from my experience joe's are stretchy usually you size down in that line and certain r&r's like the berlin are very stretchy. If you like cheaper jeans I have tried a pair of forever 21 jeans and they are super stretchy within the first hour or so they will stretch out. Terrible for me as they were the cutest black skinny zippered jeans ever they looked like leggings! but maybe that will be good for you??

So Joe's are really stretchy?
Has anyone tried Frankie B (the ones with T-400?)?
Are those really awesomely stretchy? haha

Thanks for all the suggestions. Usually, I wear my R&R's and Karl Lagerfelds. I just wanna try a different brand...

I think you need to go to a store and try them on. Different cuts and different washes within a brand will stretch differently. I have a pair of Joe's that aren't very stretchy at all. My 7's stretch but lose their shape. I think my J brands are the stretchiest that retain their shape.