Really, really frustrated by my (lack of a) strap

Whoa, whoa,whoa. So you're saying, for those of us who ordered the 27" strap (the shortest one offered at the time) are going to be getting 14" straps? Catalina explicitly said the straps were 27" or 35". I specifically said I wanted a 27" strap. I definitely do not want a 14" strap. What is going on? Seriously!

Okay, here's my two cents. I ordered back with early December bunch. Told to choose from 27" short strap or the longer one. I chose the shorter one. I received a tracking number but still in wait! I was told in two weeks, no problem. Today I'm told that the short strap everyone is ordering is 14" hobo strap. Now am I the only one here confused? :nogood: I know it's not Catalina's fault but who is running the ship? She should have offered at the very least 3-day shipping. I would really like to see a picture of the hobo short strap pretty please. :shrugs:

Here is part of my email. I can only tell you what was told to me today.
"Without images and only sizes there was too much confusion. I want to confirm that this was the style you wanted which is actually called the hobo in 14" (not 35"). Originally there had been floating around another strap measurement of 27" which does not exist. "

Whaaat? I haven't heard about that. I will have to email her. If it's only a 14" strap I don't even want it. Ridiculous.

"Without images and only sizes there was too much confusion. I want to confirm that this was the style you wanted which is actually called the hobo in 14" (not 35"). Originally there had been floating around another strap measurement of 27" which does not exist. "

Hi ladies... I'm in the early December group that ordered straps... Freshface I received the same email from catalina yesterday. I haven't heard back from her yet... but I sent her a picture of the exact strap that I wanted. It was from an jc madison MAM.

She actually sent me pictures of the 14" hobo/35" elisha strap but I could not open them. They were in photoshop files and I don't have photoshop to open the files. I sent them to my brother who has it to convert it for me but didn't get it back yet. I also sent Catalina an email asking for a different format in the pics. So whatever I hear I'll try to post to keep us all informed.

I don't know what to do either!:confused1:

I just got an email from Catalina too, with photoshop files that I can't open. Also, the pictures is titled "cognac." Which really frustrates me because I ordered the glazed espresso! I have the glazed espresso clutch and I don't think it's ridiculous that I want my strap to match my bag.

This whole thing is driving me batty because I would never have bought the clutch if I knew it would be this much of an issue to get the strap. This is ridiculous! First I wait a month, and now I'm getting the wrong strap? It's not even a strap I can use!

I just got an email from Catalina too, with photoshop files that I can't open. Also, the pictures is titled "cognac." Which really frustrates me because I ordered the glazed espresso! I have the glazed espresso clutch and I don't think it's ridiculous that I want my strap to match my bag.

This whole thing is driving me batty because I would never have bought the clutch if I knew it would be this much of an issue to get the strap. This is ridiculous! First I wait a month, and now I'm getting the wrong strap? It's not even a strap I can use!

Daniela... i think you should just cancel your order if you think you can't use the strap... b/c then it'll be such a waste on your behalf... wait... most of this has been a waste of time and many frustrations:cursing:... sorry... but i'm right there with ya sista! trying to deal with it and knock 'em straight :boxing:

^^ I spoke too soon - Catalina emailed me back and told me that I was actually getting glazed espresso...so at this point, I'd rather have the strap than not. It's been long and frustrating, but that'll make it that much better when I get it.

I'm another who couldn't open the photoshop pictures. Today, Catalina set me another picture this morning. Here it is. She said she was told it is for the MA. The bag is pretty wide so maybe. :shame:

Attachments

• Hobo copy.jpg
    Hobo copy.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 145
have you guys thought about emailing rebecca directly with your grievances? i'm especially concerned about the cc charge immediately for goods that aren't delivered in a timely manner. i had an issue with their way of charging immediately after an order -- during the sample sale in ny, i ordered a MAM for $365. catalina sent me an email that i was charged $390 for tax on my debit-credit card, which i contested because i had JUST ordered another MAM a week before and WASN'T charged the tax. she told me to hold tight while she finds out whether she made an error -- but instead of putting the charge on hold or cancelling it, she let it process and then got back to me several business days later that she made a mistake and would charge me $365. but by then, the $390 charge had gone through, PLUS she charged me $365. i didn't think this could happen (i figured she'd refund me the difference), so i didn't put enough money in the bank account for both. i ended up getting slapped with an overdraft, so in the end, my $365 bag cost more than the wrong price i was charged.

i never brought this up with them because rebecca was so nice, but i really think, given what's happened here with the bag strap charges, that their policy with immediate charges before items (and correct prices) are processed should be reviewed.

have you guys thought about emailing rebecca directly with your grievances? i'm especially concerned about the cc charge immediately for goods that aren't delivered in a timely manner. i had an issue with their way of charging immediately after an order -- during the sample sale in ny, i ordered a MAM for $365. catalina sent me an email that i was charged $390 for tax on my debit-credit card, which i contested because i had JUST ordered another MAM a week before and WASN'T charged the tax. she told me to hold tight while she finds out whether she made an error -- but instead of putting the charge on hold or cancelling it, she let it process and then got back to me several business days later that she made a mistake and would charge me $365. but by then, the $390 charge had gone through, PLUS she charged me $365. i didn't think this could happen (i figured she'd refund me the difference), so i didn't put enough money in the bank account for both. i ended up getting slapped with an overdraft, so in the end, my $365 bag cost more than the wrong price i was charged.

i never brought this up with them because rebecca was so nice, but i really think, given what's happened here with the bag strap charges, that their policy with immediate charges before items (and correct prices) are processed should be reviewed.

I did cc her on my last email exchange with Catalina and also sent a message directly. No reply yet. Growing pains, right?

EVERYTIME, I have emailed Rebecca they would direct it straight to Catalina. I email asking about a mam emerald and again Catalina responded with a no. Two weeks later they are being sold at the sample sale in LA. I called to ask a question about colors and directed again to email Catalina. I love the bags but the service has been poor. This has been my experience. Now, when the straps are sent out and they are not correct, what happens? It's custom made. Yet, it's not our fault. I charged a totally different strap. I requested through email to Catalina that Rebecca look into the situation.

Omg... i'm so so upset... Catalina email a pic of that hobo strap... Freshface posted as said that was the only strap available at 14" or the 35" elisha strap. This is really upsetting... b/c when I ordered my strap I sent along a picture with it... the one that is attached... and asked Catalina if they could make that strap for me in purple. She said yes it is available. Now... with this whole thing about straps again... I emailed her this pic again and now she says she's never seen it and that they don't make that kind of strap anymore; which i believe is the size 27" that we were all suppose to get!! i was like what the f-ing hell? are you kidding me... i don't want to pay $45 for a tiny 14" strap. after 2+ mos of waiting!! I emailed Rebecca yesterday and didn't hear anything back. I haven't emailed Catalina yet with a reply. I am so p-O-ED right now... now sure what to do or say-

Attachments

• RMstrap.jpg
    RMstrap.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 37
This morning's email stated they are basically ready to ship. I'm told that my particular strap is neither the 27" nor 14" but the Elisha strap. Is this the crossbody strap? I orginally thought my strap would look like bleujay's picture.