Really interested

Peeking_Around

Live, Love, Laugh
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
I've lurked in these forums for awhile. And have finally decided that I'm gonna make my first purchase. I am having the hardest time trying to decide.

But .. there's a few questions I wanted to ask you Tano owners.

I've had Chanels and Louis Vuittons but with my job, it's really hard to have a really expensive purse and not beat it up. I work in the auto industry and while I'm in the office most of the time, I was always still freaking out with having a Chanel here - I'm really tired of that.

So I've sold all my Chanels and Louis Vuittons (but a wallet) ... and making the move to something that fits my lifestyle a bit more.

I need a functional bag for work. I tend to carry alot - I'm a mom of 5 (ages 17-11) so things get thrown in my purse by them also. I need something long lasting not light in color but .. really tired of the black color. Basically what I need is a great looking purse thats functional and that I don't have to freak about every second while I'm here at work.

How hard is it to clean these bags?
What would you recommend?
What's a good starter tano bag?
What color?! All are fabulous looking!!
What's the life like? Do they wear down quickly?

Think that's it for the moment. :yes: Sorry for all the questions. ... but I'm really sick of browsing on the Internet drooling over a purse .. I just need to buy one already!

Hi! Welcome to Tano!! I am relatively new here, but have fallen hard for these bags!! I am not the best person to answer your questions, as I am new, but I will say that you have come to the right place as far as looking for bags that you don't have to "baby," and that will work for a busy mom. There are sooo many to choose from, but I think a good "starter" bag would be a Boogie Bucket. They are large, so you could use them when you're with your kids, but they also work well for work and look great even when you don't have a lot of stuff in them - they are beautifully slouchy!! If you order from one of our favorite online retailers, you'll be able to return it if it's not for you. Check out www.musthavebag.com, www.lunaboston.com, and www.thatsourbag.com.

I know the other ladies will be here to offer their input, too. Welcome and enjoy!!! :smile:

I just bought my first Tano yesterday, but they sound right up your alley.

If you want a dark color, the new fall colors of Blueberry and Grape might do the trick.

My first = Grape Boogie Bucket.

I go to work professionally dressed every day ... so I want to make sure that the Tano would look good with a professional outfit. I usually wear blacks and whites - so don't want anything that will look "weird" against my clothes ...

For the ones that have the grape color (I really love that color and the green) - how does that work well with your wardrobe?

Peeking Around, welcome to the Tano forum...you will love it here! I hear you about babying bags, I'm paranoid with my Balenciaga. I just ordered a grape Minilisa and it should be here soon. I think that's a great bag because it's large enough plus it has the zip top which I prefer. Good luck with your decision!! :smile:

I go to work professionally dressed every day ... so I want to make sure that the Tano would look good with a professional outfit. I usually wear blacks and whites - so don't want anything that will look "weird" against my clothes ...

For the ones that have the grape color (I really love that color and the green) - how does that work well with your wardrobe?

If you mostly wear blacks and whites, then Tano is perfect for you because you will need a pop of color to go with your wardrobe. Someone posted about the grape being the new black. It's dark enough to go with anything yet you have your color to accent your outfits!

Hi, Peeking!!!

I dress very similarly to you at work...black/white/brown, etc. I like to think of my bags as the 'pop' my clothes don't have. I do not feel having a bag that is attractive and a bright color as 'unprofessional'.

Tano's leathers are very beautiful and easy to care for. I do 'baby' my bags a little but I do throw a LOT into them... and every one of them still look amazing. Crunch leather is very easy to care for and the few times something has gotten on one it's blotted right off with just plain water (NOT a lot...just a barely damp rag).

I am a HUGE Boogie Bucket fan. If you want to be sure you never run out of space but still have a pouty, sexy looking bag the Boogie is the way to go! :tup:

Maybe try out the sex bomb. I like it for you because there are a bunch of pockets (great for a mom) and it can be both professional looking and casual. As much as I love the boogie, it is kind of a black hole.

I looked at the sexbomb and it doesn't call out to me much. It looks really casual to me .. but then again, I've never seen it in person.

I've been looking at the boogie and the shopper ..

Any of you have the shopper and what are your opinions on it?

Hi Peeking! Welcome to Tano!

How hard is it to clean these bags? Very easy! Just wipe them down... some of us put apple garde rain and stain protectant on our bags and some do not. The protectant helps keep the shine and 'newness' to the bag also... if you don't treat it they will look distressed later.

What would you recommend? I would recommend something in grape or blueberry or truffle... dark colors but very chic and beautiful!

What's a good starter tano bag? The boogie bucket is definitely a favorite and the minilisa is hot hot hot right now... the minilisa is only a medium size though so it won't hold quite as much as a boogie bucket. The shopper is nice but ladies have complained about the opening with the way it closes. It's pretty though!

What color?! All are fabulous looking!! As I said, grape, blueberry or truffle for what you have asked for. Maybe the avocado too!

What's the life like? Do they wear down quickly? They will distress (look aged, not wear out) if you don't pre-treat them but they also become smooshy and puddly with use. THey will form to your shoulder and hug your body and look oh so nice!

I am new to Tano too, and bought Pomegranate and Truffle Boogies (I also have teenagers). I think that or the French Nanny (if you prefer a shoulder strap) would be my first choices, and also the grape, blueberry, truffle, or pomegranate.

I bought Apple Care leather conditioner and Apple Garde spray (they've been on sale at www.leatherstuff.com-- there's a 20% off code that might still be working, check the "Deals & Steals" section). It's good stuff.

I have the grape boogie. It looks good with my professional clothes as well my casual outfits. I think the color and design are a nice addition to an outfit that might otherwise be stuffy.