Really dumb question, lol...

stylefly

Shopportunist
O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
Okay- having been an active seller on Ebay since 1999, I really should know the answer to this.
If I list on Ebay.ca and specify that I will ship worldwide, will my listing show up for buyers from the US and abroad the same as if I'd listed on Ebay.com? Or does it show up at the bottom where it says "More from International Sellers"? I always thought the Int'l ones were listed on, say, Ebay.uk or .de or.sg, but if someone could clarify this it would be great.
I'm pretty sure that when someone lists on Ebay.com and says they ship to Canada it shows up on Ebay.ca, but I don't know if it works the other way around...just realized I should make sure on this:shame:

It is not such a dumb question. This is what I know. If you list on ebay.ca and specify that you will ship to the U.S., it will show up on ebay.com. I don't know if Australia has its own ebay because I have had Australians ask me if I would ship items that were listed Canada, U.S. only. I don't think it shows uo on ebay.uk etc unless you specify U.K. I know as well that if you list on ebay.com and specify U.S. only it doesn't show up on ebay.ca.

Not a dumb question. Not sure myself. I asked an ebay agent once if my ebay.co.uk would show on ebay. com and....you guessed...they didnt know...haha. Trial and error may be in order. Just try and search on both sites.

If you ship outside CA, your listing will appear on ebay.com when someone does a search. I think only Canada has this advantage no other country does. For a UK/EU/AU/SG etc listing to show up on ebay.com, the person has to check the box "Worldwide".

If you ship outside CA, your listing will appear on ebay.com when someone does a search. I think only Canada has this advantage no other country does. For a UK/EU/AU/SG etc listing to show up on ebay.com, the person has to check the box "Worldwide".
Still unsure....I see some US listings when I have local only selected.:confused1:

Not a dumb question. Not sure myself. I asked an ebay agent once if my ebay.co.uk would show on ebay. com and....you guessed...they didnt know...haha. Trial and error may be in order. Just try and search on both sites.

Depends where you are at. If you're in US and list on ebay.co.uk your listing will show up on both the US and UK ebays. If you're in UK and list on ebay.co.uk, your listing (even when shipping worldwide) will not appear on US' ebay unless the buyer checks the box "worldwide". I'm pretty sure of this since I sell on UK's website so they will see it without having to check the box. I occasionally buy stuff from UK and I don't see my favorite UK sellers' items listed on US' ebay site unless I have the box checked.

i think to make sure it shows up on ebay.com . list through ebay.com
login and make ur listing w ebay.com instead of ebay.ca
The advantage to listing on Ebay.ca is that I can set my provincial tax rates and Canadian shipping rates through Canada Post, which I can't do on the US site. Especially with taxes, that gets sticky!
Thank you all for your responses, I don't feel so silly anymore not knowing ;)