Really disappointed with HH Customer Service!

nanette0269

Nov 23, 2008
I always hear great things about them...but I'm completely disillusioned now.

First, I placed an order and it was only partially filled....supposed out of stock on one item. I was, however, charged for the FULL order. No credit has been seen.

Second, I placed another order and paid via google. Was charged TWICE for this...no credit has been seen.

I've emailed 4 times since Saturday and yet to receive any response! I've provided jpg's of my paypal account and checking account so all the detail is there. Why can't they at least respond and tell me they are looking into it??????? This is really disappointing. First, they take my money and tell me that they cant sell the item I really wanted (I can deal with that, of course) but then they ignore me and thus far do not give my money back...and worse, they double-dip on the next order.

Is this completely atypical of CS at HH? If so, anyone have any explanation?

No, there are several people who have had major problems with HH. Do a search and you will find them.

There are others who have had nothing but wonderful experiences. I have no idea why some get good service and others get bad.

I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope they get it fixed quickly for you.

I have had a wonderful experience with HH customer service. I did have my GZ Pilot and coin purse cancelled. I didnt find out until today, which was a little long but I know they have been overwhelmed from the sale. They did offer me replacements and I thought they were very courteous about the whole situation.

I really hope your experience gets better.

I agree...call them. Call them and express what you have expressed to us. I think they are severely understaffed. Combine this with a crappy accounting system credit card database...and you have yourself a disaster. I bet there are a lot of people emailing everyday about these problems, and they are slowly trying to resolve it one by one.

I've decided to cancel both of my spring pre-orders because they are so slow to process credits/returns. I'll just have to take my chances that they will be available later in the season, but I just can't tie up hundreds more dollars if the items don't work for me!

I've never cared for retailers who are extremely prompt at charging my account but extremely slow to process my return credits. And that doesn't seem to be a function of size. Bloomies takes the cake for the worst accounting in my opinion. Kudos to Revolve as being an exemplary small operation that does it all well.

Interesting that less than 2 hours after I post this, I get a phone call and two emails from HH...I supposed I'm just so glad that they are addressing it. I'm still really disappointed that the Oyster Havana got cancelled....so bummed still. Unfortunately, I spent so much this last month that I have to reban myself, so I cant even get it off of ebay. Lets hope the moonbeam havana goes on stellar sale at the end of summer :sad:

I think service partly depends on how busy they are. Bloomies, for example, is always slow. However, I've had to wait a long time for Revolve and HH to process returns, but only when they are dealing with huge sales.